Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Warning Connected Absence To Internet

ali_khatami
Beginner

hello

When I click a button and be connected to the Internet was faced with the message and not open page or sub page
Is there a way?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Shahab_L_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Is this on your phone or simulator?  Android or iOS?  Can you put a small sample so we understand how you do this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
ali_khatami
Beginner

I want the internet to send an error message when no one is connecting and was pressing one of the buttons  and then they face with the message which announces "you are not connected to the network " and the button won't work until you get connected

I want this application to be applied on android windows phone and iPhone

0 Kudos
Shahab_L_Intel
Employee

Check this plugin: https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/reference/cordova-plugin-network-information/

0 Kudos
ali_khatami
Beginner

I installed the plugin but its task is only to notify.
I want it to notify when the button is pressed and it isn't connected to the network

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ali -- you'll need to add some JavaScript logic on the button press to first detect your connection state before attempting to present your page. This requires that the "onclick" event associated with your button needs to point to a JavaScript function that you write to make these checks; rather than having it linked to an href (<a> tag). This sample contains a very simple illustration of what I mean > https://github.com/gomobile/template-blank-cordova-project < you can create a sample project from it by selecting the sample shown here:

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 10.07.50 AM.png

0 Kudos
ali_khatami
Beginner

thanks paul

i didn't get what you meant about javascript logic

could you clarify it ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
ali_khatami
Beginner

paul

I was told that I did the description and actually install on my phone
But
Internet was cut off any alarm button did not

0 Kudos
ali_khatami
Beginner
Can I help me?
0 Kudos
ali_khatami
Beginner

This means that no one really can not solve my problem? :(

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Ali -

What Paul is saying is that your current button set up is using a link to notify - where you would NEED network connection to see. So, if you have no internet connection, your notification box that no connection is detected would not be made (as you, once again, need connection to make the notification). The only way to go around this is to create a JavaScript button, where you would have to hand code your button to check for internet connection and then create your own error. This is the part that you need to figure out.

We do not have the resources to walk you through how to create the internet connection check or how to create your notification, but the example Paul linked will help you create the button. You will then have to write the part that will check for internet connection and create a notification. I hope this makes a bit more sense.

0 Kudos