Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Webservices Stopped working in 3641

Sam_Suresh
Beginner

I build an app using App designer.

Created a data binding to my REST API. Added a list and list avatar in the page and changed the properties to call syntax of my webservice fields.

In simulator, I get empty page and the list is not populated.

I also tried to the collection of webservices (wunderground weather), also populate empty page.

Earlier same method worked for REST API and Wunderground weather.

Could anyone check on this and feedback please?

Update:

Error on console:

Tried with ionic, bootstrap with app designer all giving same errors.

Thanks

0 Kudos
17 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sam -- what happens when you try using the web services "try it" panel? That is, not from within an app but just from within the Web Services exploration panel. Does it work there?

0 Kudos
Sam_Suresh
Beginner

Hi

Yes try it is success for both REST API and 3rd party API.

It also shows up in my webservices list on app designer.

Listing using list element failed in both Twitter Bootstrap and Ionic framework.

Sam

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sam -- I've asked someone with more expertise on this subject to provide you with some recommendations.

0 Kudos
Sam_Suresh
Beginner

REST API still not working in 3759 version.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Please respond.

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

I will talk to someone who has better knowledge on the Rest API with app designer and get back to you. I personally don't know why this would be happening, but I will find out more about the issue and return with that information.

0 Kudos
Sam_Suresh
Beginner

Hi there!

This was reported long ago, sadly no feedback.
REST API is important for these apps. Please let me know if there is any other workaround.

0 Kudos
Sam_Suresh
Beginner

Sample app attached for reference.

Any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
Anjali_G_Intel
Employee

Thanks for providing the app Sam. I was able to reproduce the issue and have identified this as a bug. I am working on a fix and if there is a workaround I will post it here.

0 Kudos
Ahmad_G_
Beginner

I'm having similar issues. New to Intel XDK , version 3759 is my first version.

What was the last working version? Can we download it?

I also noticed when creating data-bindings there is no path created for multiple controller type only single. I tried this on a few existing services.

0 Kudos
Sam_Suresh
Beginner

Is there any outcome on this?

0 Kudos
Ahmad_G_
Beginner

I downloaded version 3522 to get it working for now... 

Tested with my existing project it didn't work as well.. so started from scratch and its working, will use it until this is updated.

0 Kudos
Ahmad_G_
Beginner

They should consider withdrawing version 3759 if a fix is not going to be available very soon , it wasted a week of my time trying to get it to work. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can find the previous download links to the previous version (3641) in this thread > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/705276 <

0 Kudos
Ahmad_G_
Beginner

Any progress on this issue?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This issue has been identified as a bug, but it requires an update to the XDK to fix the issue, so you will not see it get fixed in the current release, a fix is expected to be part of the next release, but is not guaranteed. Our releases generally follow a 6-8 week cadence. I am not allowed to provide a specific date, it is against company policy.

The code that drives the web services is a JavaScript library that is added to your app. You can take that library apart and use just what you need, there are no special hooks into the XDK. Web services is meant as a helper to get you going, but you are welcome to reuse the code it generates and modify it to match your needs.

0 Kudos
Sam_Suresh
Beginner

Thank you Paul.

I hope Intel will continue to support this great software. Its very useful to use this at our schools for absolute beginners before move on to code.

Regards

Sam Suresh

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you have not yet seen this notice > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/731305 < the App Designer feature has been deprecated and will be retired in a future release of the XDK. The problem described in this thread is related to a bug with App Designer and, therefore, will not be fixed.

0 Kudos