Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Welcome to the Intel® RealSense™ SDK Forum!

ERIC_M_Intel1
Employee

Welcome to the Intel® RealSense™ SDK forum. Our hope for this forum is to develop a vibrant community of developers sharing their ideas, solutions, and challenges. Intel engineers working on Intel RealSense SDK are actively monitoring this forum and are available to answer questions. 

In addition to this forum, we’ve created some additional resources to help you ramp quickly.    

-          The Intel RealSense Developer Resource Center contains the latest news and announcements: http://software.intel.com/RealSense

-          The Intel RealSense SDK Product Brief gives an overview of Intel’s new SDK

-          Getting Started using the SDK will help guide you through your first applications

-          Get started developing RealSense applications using Intel® RealSense™ 3D Camera

-          Check out the most common questions in our FAQ for Intel® RealSense SDK

We encourage active participation on this forum and look forward to hearing from you.   Prior to posting however, please consult that FAQ.  There’s a good chance that your question may have been already addressed. When posting a new topic, please be as descriptive as possible to help us quickly assess how best to help you.

We are extremely excited to work with everyone to craft the next generation of applications using the Intel RealSense SDK!   Thank you for your involvement.

The Intel RealSense SDK Team 

0 Kudos
20 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks so much! 

0 Kudos
diego_R_3
Beginner

Hi,

I posted a question yesterday: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/538375 

and I noticed all this spam messages in the forum, like this: software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/538420

did you guys move to another forum to get away from the spammers?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Austin_C_
Beginner

The link for the FAQ is broken.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

fixed link

0 Kudos
RRanj2
Beginner

Thanks CaptGeek :)

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

My display name suddenly changed to (name withheld) although it is stored correctly on the settings.

I even updated my personal profile, but the display name hasn't changed. This has happened to some other forum members as well (in other sub forums).

Do I need to do something to make it display the username correctly?

0 Kudos
john_g_6
Beginner

Hi every one 

Im working in a research team with the SDK (2016 R1 (intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r6_8.0.24.6528)) Face recognition module and F200 camera , im trying to run an basic java (jdk 8u60 , Eclipse 4.4(Luna)) application for one face recognition from here  but is not working. The configuration code of module  is performed as the documentation it says :

PXCMFaceData.Face face = faceData.QueryFaceByIndex(0);
PXCMFaceData.DetectionData faceDetectionData = face.QueryDetection();
recognitionData = face.QueryRecognition();
recognitionData.RegisterUser();
PXCMFaceData.RecognitionModuleData recognitionModuleData = faceData.QueryRecognitionModule(); ...

The code example also uses the face detection module that working perfectly. I am debug line by line and detect an unusual behavior in follow line: 

int nBytes = recognitionModuleData.QueryDatabaseSize();       Where nBytes is always = 0 . 

Someone can confirm if the Face Recognition module is not yet fully functional in java ???

best regards 

0 Kudos
Punnu_P_
Beginner

Hello Intel Community

I am developing the Intel Realsense R200 project on Visual Studio 2012. I am wondering if it is possible to deploy the project on multiple machines without installing intel DCM and SDK on every PC. I just want to pack the release project along with the DLLs for any machines. I try it without any success.

I believe I need to manually install intel DCM driver on every machine to start RealsenseDCMR200 service.This also requires me to install the intel SDK for the device DLLs that will be placed in the "RSSDK" folder. All the device Dlls will be placed in this folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel

- RSDCK

- RSDCM_R200

- RSSDK

When I moved Dlls in the RSSDK folder into my project directory. The device failed to start. I have an issue with creating the device with NULL return.  

m_RealsenseDevice = PXCSenseManager::CreateInstance();

It seems the DCMR200 service only look for the DLLs in this specific folder..  

Is there any way around to this issue without manually installing the DCM and SDK? Hope someone could help..Thanks

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

You will need to install the DCM on every Windows machine that you want to use the cameras. You may include it in your installer (check the redistributable agreements).

If you're planning on using the RealSense SDK, you will need to redistribute the components you use as well. You could also include them in your installer.

0 Kudos
Punnu_P_
Beginner

Thanks samontab for the clarification :) 

0 Kudos
ggera
Novice

I recently purchased the SR300/ using Windows 10. In experimenting with the Javascript framework in the SDK I am now aware that raw stream data is not available in Javascript. I am an artist and a newbie at programming, not a developer...Javascript is what I use, and this omission is problematic. Since webRTC and other forms of live-streaming is easily available on the web, I fail to see the logic in the Intel policy. Is there any kind of exception or work-around to this? Thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
Eve_A_
Beginner

Hi CaptGeek,

I am excited to be a part of this forum! I have a few questions regarding the Intel RealSense R200 Camera.

1. I know that this camera is now being used in Lenovo Phab 2 Pro smartphone. Will all new models of Android phones use the R200 camera? 

2. Will the next generation of iPhones use the Intel RealSense R200 Camera? 

3. If I am not a developer, how can I purchase the Developer Kit to test the R200 or SR300 Cameras?

Thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

Eve A. wrote:

Hi CaptGeek,

I am excited to be a part of this forum! I have a few questions regarding the Intel RealSense R200 Camera.

1. I know that this camera is now being used in Lenovo Phab 2 Pro smartphone. Will all new models of Android phones use the R200 camera? 

2. Will the next generation of iPhones use the Intel RealSense R200 Camera? 

3. If I am not a developer, how can I purchase the Developer Kit to test the R200 or SR300 Cameras?

Thank you in advance! 

Hi Eve,

Welcome to the Intel RealSense forum!

1. No. All new Android phones would not be using the R200 camera, atleast not in the near future. However if you do wish to try it for yourself, Intel showcased the RealSense Smartphone Developer Kit during CES 2016. Here's the link for the same - http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2016/02/22/introducing-intel-realsense-smartphone-developer-kit

2. Again not in the near future.

3. You can, although the SR300 camera is out of stock for now,

0 Kudos
Dario_F_
Beginner

Hi CaptGeek,

I'm interested in RealSense Developer Kit because i want to build an homemade 3D scanner with it and i would like to konw about few thing if possible.

Can i use it as a 3D scanner? in specific a BODY scanner. From what i have understand the kinect for XBOX use this tecnology (RealSense) to work, am i right?

Is compatible for Windows 10 only?

Thank you in advance,

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
ERIC_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Dario,

Yes, a 3D body scanner can be created with Intel RealSense technology - here is an example of a company that has developed one:

www.cappasity.com

The Kinect uses a similar approach, but Intel RealSense technology is not in it.

The full Intel RealSense SDK is intended for Windows 10, but there is an open source effort that is intended to help people use Intel RealSense technology on Linux:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Dario_F_
Beginner

Hi again CaptGeek,

Thank you for your answer, that was really helpfull. However i have see on the Intel site that RealSense is actually out of stock, if you can answer; when will be aviable again? and one more question... i'm from italy and i was wondering if i can buy it from a dealer here.

Sorry for bothering you and thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
ERIC_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Dario,

So, do you want to use the R200 or SR300?

The R200 is available to be ordered here:

http://click.intel.com/intel-realsense-developer-kit-r200.html

The SR300 is inside the Razer Stargazer, available here:

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Stargazer-Depth-Sensing-Webcam-1080P/dp/B01GE9QM5M

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Dario_F_
Beginner

Hello again,

i have see both product, the RealSense r200 seem to be enought, however i don't understand if this product is aviable only until end of supply. In future i will by more of them and i need to know if it will be a regular selling. Can you answer that or give me a link that explain me this?

thak you again.

0 Kudos
ERIC_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Dario,

There is an earlier version that is being sold until supplies run out:

http://click.intel.com/intel-realsense-developer-kit-r200.html

But the later, improved version is here and I've heard nothing of it being EOLed in the near future:

http://click.intel.com/intelr-realsensetm-developer-kit-r200-2040.html

Eventually the Intel RealSense 400 camera will replace them, but not for a while:

https://newsroom.intel.com/chip-shots/intel-announces-tools-realsense-technology-development/

I hope that answers your questions :-D

0 Kudos
Ziv_G_Intel
Employee

Thanks so much! 

0 Kudos