Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Where to find my XDK Key Store to be able to upload my app from a diferent computer

alejandro_t_1
Beginner

We use XDK the first time we upload the app to google play, but we have dicided to change computers. now that we try to upload the APK to google it tells me that the Key is no the same. how can i do to solve this problem without having to disable the original app, and upload a new one making our curent users errase and install a new one

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Josef_J_
Beginner

There is NO way to recover a lost key , get it from the old Computer otherwise you have to create a new key and rename the package as well and upload as a new app .

Remember to store your key on a USB drive and upload it somewhere to your website and email it to your gmail account that you never lose it again .

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
alejandro_t_1
Beginner

Is the by any change an easy way to find and retrive that key from my computer, since i have troubel finding it o see what it looks like

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Your keystore is not actually stored on your computer with the current XDK. It is stored in the cloud. You can access it here https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/certificate/export.aspx

0 Kudos
alejandro_t_1
Beginner

i dowloaded the key store,

now that i try to sing the apk but this error occurs, we belive that the key we use to upload the first apk is diferent from the one we justdowload from the same place.

Any ideas

jarsigner error: java.security.SignatureException: private key algorithm is not compatible with signature algorithm

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I dont understand. You downloaded your keystore from the url provided above, then what did you do? 

Are you using the XDK or trying to sign your app using a different tool?

What login did you use when you downloaded your keystore?

Can you attach a full screenshot of the issue you are getting?

0 Kudos
alejandro_t_1
Beginner

Why are trying to use a cordova tool to sing the APK using they key that was provided by intel url provided above.

We are doing this because we dont know how to sing the apk with XDK. 

We use the same login.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The XDK will sign the APK if you make sure the "signed" checkbox is selected, under the Build Settings on the Projects tab. It will sign it with the same keystore that you downloaded.

0 Kudos
alejandro_t_1
Beginner

sure that is ok, but if i want to sing my apk whit out use xdk? if i want to sing manually myapk unsigned with the keystore that you give me?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you want to sign an app manually then, yes, you must unselect the "signed" box. You can manually sign it with the keystore that you downloaded from the link that John gave you. With the next release of the XDK you can upload that keystore into your XDK account and let the XDK build system sign the app for you. If you cannot wait for the next release, then you need to sign the app manually using that keystore.

0 Kudos