Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Where to learn more about how to build many types of App with intel xdk ?

lucas_b_
Beginner

Hello,

i ve been an android app developer on google play for almost 4 months now ,in which i made 6 apps with intel xdk 2 of them are growing very fast between 1k-2k download per month without promotion and other 4 are growing slowly but they are working just fine no complains.

But my question where can i learn more about how to build with intel xdk,because all what i'm doing now are buttons that lead to pages,it's like making mini websites or forums app like,so if i want more,especially some java stuff,where can i can find those tutorials ? for example to this day i couldn't find how to make a sound button with xdk ,there are no working tutorials for 2016-2017 .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Lucas -- the Intel XDK creates standard Cordova (aka PhoneGap) apps. The structure and programming techniques are not unique to the Intel XDK, we simply provide a convenient mechanism for creating Cordova apps. There are many resources available in Stack Overflow that are specific to Cordova, as well as the Cordova docs. These are HTML5 apps, so learning how to write in HTML5 (JavaScript, CSS and HTML) is the most fundamental element. After that, understanding the difference between a "web app" and a "webview app" is of value.

We do not provide the resources to teach you about Cordova and HTML5, only how to build and debug a Cordova app created by the XDK.

BTW -- we are retiring the XDK build system and turning our focus to IoT app development. Please see the release notes for more details.

0 Kudos
lucas_b_
Beginner

Thank you for explaining things to me Paul .

0 Kudos