Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

about Realsense in Unity or ue4

yang_j_
Beginner

hi,I was to find information on how to call RealSense R200 in unity or ue4 the skeleton tracking feature, but could not find the relevant information,

who can help me how can I call the skeleton tracking function in unity or ue4,and tell me how to achieve it? Please...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II
0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

By the way, RealSense API is designed to support only hands and face tracking. There's no full body skeletal tracking like the one present in the Kinect for example.

And this makes sense since the RealSense cameras are designed for shorter distances where only faces and hands are visible. That's the main focus of user interaction with this API, face and hands.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Answering your PM here, R200 has a larger field of view, so it would be better to detect a full body skeleton compared to the F200/SR300 which are designed for a closer range, and only for hands and faces.

As I mentioned before, the RealSense API does not provide a full body skeleton detection, so you would have to do it from scratch. Have a look at third party libraries, such as PCL, to help you in this regard.

0 Kudos