Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

cordova UI for Local Temperature HTML5 sample not working

Rich_F_
Beginner

Hi I'm using an Edison system that has a grove IO kit and a grove temperature sensor hooked up to A0 (among other things).

I built the IOT embedded application from the templates called Local Temperature, and install it onto the Edison.

Then I created a new project HTML5 and Cordova, using the Local Temperature General demo.  I build the application for IOS, and then receive an email where I can provision the App OTA and get it on my Iphone 6 plus, running iOS 10.

I go back to my project that's the Local Temperature IOT and reestablish the console session.  

When I enter the IP of the edison and the port number 1337 into the Iphone app, I do see the message that a user has connected and it starts taking temperature measurements and printing them in the console, which is good.  However the Iphone never leaves the initial screen where I have entered the IP and the port number, and I never see the graphs I am supposed to see on the iPhone of temperature.  Ive tried debugging using the simulator and the phone to no avail.

Any ideas how I can get this working?  It seems like this mixed mode of nice programmable UI and node.js on the target is perfect for me (if I can get it working)  

Thanks

Rich

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Rich -- that app was built and tested before iOS 10, which has broken quite a few things. Does it work any better if you build for Android and run it on an Android device?

0 Kudos
Rich_F_
Beginner

I don't have an android device so I can't try that.  When I build it for Windows 10 and run that either on Windows it behaves extremely similarly, it never leaves the initial screen where the IP and port are requested and submitted.

Same behavior when I run it in the simulator.  i was just thinking that this was going to be the perfect way to develop a nice UI on my iphone for my projects but now thinking otherwise.

Are there any working examples with IOS 10 or should I just build the HTML manually like the other Node examples do?  Or any other ideas?

thanks

Rich

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Rich -- that sample is built with App Framework, which is an older library that is no longer supported. When time allows, we'll convert it to something simpler, but I suspect that library (or the charting library) is causing the problems you are experiencing. I do not recommend you base any UI design on the App Framework library, since it is no longer supported. I recommend you build your UI by hand, using your favorite UI library.

0 Kudos