Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

how to invoke native app in xdk?

meiyu_l_
Beginner

how to invoke native app and other html5 app ,in xdk?

who can give me a sample?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you trying to launch an app like Facebook from within your app you built with the XDK? Is so, you can try the following code. You need to know what the 'protocol handler' is for the app that you are trying to launch. In this case, it is twitter://

<div align=center onclick="intel.xdk.device.launchExternal('twitter://post?message=Message%20Tex');">Tweet    </div>

PS. Make sure to include the intel.xdk.device plugin in the project settings. There may be other 3rd party plugins that allow the same functionality as well.

0 Kudos
Lakshmi_N_1
Beginner

hi sir i am developing one mobile app,will you please provide how to give a sharing to  my mobile app,i am using a method  window.plugins.socialsharing.share(mytext); but it is not working plz provide alternate thanks in advancee

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

@Lakshmi, please start a new thread as this is unrelated.

What exactly are you trying to share? A message from your app to social media? In that case, you can use https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/SocialSharing-PhoneGap-Plugin

I think that is the one you are using now. How are you testing it? It is a third party plugin and will require you to either test it on a built app or build a debug module. 

0 Kudos