Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

interrogate intel compiler to see what license it is using

Kartik_V_
Beginner

Hello,

I need to find out what license server a currently installed version of the intel fortran compiler (v11.1) is using, is there a command or way I can find out?  I need to re-apply this same license config for a new version of the compilre I am installing. 

thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

You can either look at your license file, which should be in /opt/intel/licenses, or the value of environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE.  The license file will contain the line SERVER <servername>, and the environment variable will contain <port>@<servername>.  There isn't a command that will give you license information, but you can enable the debug logging to get information on the license checkout.  Set environment variable INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=<log file path and name> and run a simple command like ifort -v.  After capturing the log, be sure to unset the environment variable. 

Regards,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Kartik_V_
Beginner

Thankyou.  The debug environment variable proved very insightful into the license configuration. 

Now for my new compiler installation, I assume I can just set the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE variable to include the license server I need to use.  (I.e. It is not absolutely required to additionally put a license file in /opt/intel/licenses).

I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

When you do the install, it will ask for a serial number to activate the product whether you have a license file or not.  It should ask how you want to activate the product.  If you choose "use an alternate activation" and then "use a license manager," then you can enter the host name and port info.  The license server manager should be installed and running at this point.

If you've already installed, then you can use the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE port@host instead of an actual file. 

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been addressed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos