Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

license not available for icc on MIC

Tsee_w_
Beginner

I was using a new hpc which has three phi processor.When I was compailing my C code using -mmic ,it tells me that stdio.h is not found.But compailing without -mmic is ok.So I checked the icc on MIC, and got this :

[qwc@mic02 ~]$ icc

Error: A license for Comp-CL is not available (-9,57).

License file(s) used were (in this order):
    1.  Trusted Storage
**  2.  /data/software/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/bin/intel64/../../Licenses
**  3.  /data/home/qwc/Licenses/I_3V7NDDTP.lic
**  4.  /opt/intel/licenses
**  5.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses
**  6.  /data/software/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.210/linux/bin/intel64/intel.lic

Please refer http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ for more information..

icc: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

I asked the administor of this hpc ,and he didn't know what to do.The software is Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016.Maybe it's about the available number of one license or something?orz

any help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

You do not run the compiler natively on the coprocessor. The license folder was simply not available which resulted in the error you showed. There is no specific license code associated with compiling for native (-mmic) either.

The missing header error most often occurs when MPSS is not installed. What you may have missed was the warning #10362 shown below. This occurs when MPSS is not installed on the system. Check your system to ensure MPSS is installed, if not install MPSS and you should be fine.

$ icc -mmic test.c
icc: warning #10362: Environment configuration problem encountered.  Please check for proper MPSS installation and environment setup.
hello_mic.c(1): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "stdio.h"
  #include <stdio.h>
                    ^

compilation aborted for test.c (code 4)

0 Kudos