Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

optical parallax between depth and color stream

Jenna
Beginner

we need to do some image processing in both depth stream and color stream.for it has optical parallax between two kinds of stream, I'd like to know how to get the offset value and how to match depth and color stream.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

All of that is nicely covered in the documentation.

0 Kudos
qyan
Beginner

samontab wrote:

All of that is nicely covered in the documentation.

I want to convert the 16-bit depth data to millimeter.what is the formula? Is that " *0.0001"?

0 Kudos
Johannes_V_
New Contributor I

i have been looking in the documentation at https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_devguide_whats_new_in_sdk.html quite a lot and have not found anything about this offset.

i measured it manually to be between 30 - 60 px in horizontal positive way.

have you found anything about the offset? if so, can you give me a link or a hint where to find it in the documentation?

i think i get direct mm values from my R200 in 16 bit depth. i convert it into opencv format to show it and there a value of 1000 roughly makes 1 m

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

You don't (can't?) get offset values, you use methods in the PXCMProjection interface to map between the images.

0 Kudos
Johannes_V_
New Contributor I

James B. wrote:

You don't (can't?) get offset values, you use methods in the PXCMProjection interface to map between the images.

That is exactly what I was looking for!

It seems like I was looking at the wrong place in the documentation or didnt see the link of it to my issue.

Anyway : Thank you very much James!

Edit:

some code snippet for fellow visitors of this post

PXCSenseManager *sm = PXCSenseManager::CreateInstance();
sm->Init();
PXCCaptureManager *cmanager = sm->QueryCaptureManager();
PXCCapture::Device *device = cmanager->QueryDevice();
PXCProjection *projection = device->CreateProjection();

PXCCapture::Sample *sample;

while (sm->AcquireFrame(true) >= PXC_STATUS_NO_ERROR) {
sample = sm->QuerySample();

if (sample->depth) {
PXCImage *depthPXCImage = projection->CreateDepthImageMappedToColor(sample->depth,sample->color);
//image is now aligned
}

}

0 Kudos