Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

phonegap-plugin-push AND gradle

Ramon_E_
Beginner

Hello Everybody,

I'm trying to add push notifications to my apps.  I wanted add phonegap-plugin-push and try using the google cloud messaging.  I noticed this gradle error when I would try to build my apk.  After some research I found this piece of verbiage in the plugin docs

"After the plugin is added, you will need to edit plugins/phonegap-plugin-push/plugin.xml. Intel XDK 3357 does not support plugins with gradle references, so the gradle reference must be commented out (this will prevent this version of the plugin from working for Android but is needed for the iOS build to succeed): <!--framework src="push.gradle" custom="true" type="gradleReference" /--> A future version of Intel XDK will support gradle references."

I would really like to test my plugin functionality but I guess for Android I'm going to have to wait till xdk support gradle.  Do you all know how long it will be before gradle is supported?  Or do you all know of any alternative plugins that allow for push notifications that are fully supported by xdk?

Thanks,

Ramon

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ramon -- please see this other post which responds to your same question > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/708835#comment-1897729 <

0 Kudos