Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

BSOD occurred on Windows 10 1909

ZYira
Beginner

Hello,

I have a BSOD occurred on Windows 10 1909 x64 (VROC Raid 0 Partition)

My Platform:

ASUS WS X299 sage

Windows 10 1909 x64 Workstation Edition

64GB RAM

3x U.2 905P SSD (using an ICY DOCK U.2 5.25" NVME DiskBay linked with 3x SFF8643 to SFF8643 cable)

I installed the newest VROC pv driver (6.2.0.1239) on the Windows system. when using the EDGE, I experenced a BSOD(CRITICAL_PROCCESS_DIED). an 0x000000e error presented after restarting the system.

I booted another Windows 10 system installed on the individual m.2_2 ssd disk and reset the error using VROC MANAGER .

The BSOD(CRITICAL_PROCCESS_DIED) would occur another time, then I have to reset the error in the backup system.

I have contracted the motherboard manufacturer but no solution to this problem. It seems related to the Microsoft Memory Integrity , Application Guard and Fast Startup Features.After disabled these functions , the BSOD seems decreased. If enable these feature, the array even couldn't pass an random reading test through AIDA64.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, ZYira.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I checked the information provided in your ticket and I have a few questions.

Have you tried VROC configurations with the drives directly attached? the use of additional hardware in order to connect the drives is not validated by us, for example, the use of adapters, enclosures or controller cards, so we want to rule out the possibility of this being the cause.

Have you tried to install the latest driver directly from the ASUS website? it looks like the latest version for this motherboard is 6.1, it is recommended to use the one from the manufacturer since it is designed specifically for your motherboard:

I can try to look further into this, please let me know the full SSU report and the Intel VROC system report:

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
ZYira
Beginner

I have tired the VROC offered by ASUS, but the BSOD still remains.

here is the details

演示文稿1.jpg

0 Kudos
ZYira
Beginner

here is the systemreport from VROC manager

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, ZYira.

Good day,

Thank you for the response and all the information, the diagram was also really helpful.

Your configuration looks fine and there does not seem to be a problem in the reports.

Is there a particular task running at the moment of the failure?

Have you tried other RAID configurations besides RAID 0 or configurations involving only two drives?

Have you tried with a clean Windows 10 installation or a different Windows 10 image?

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
ZYira
Beginner

Yes, I have tried a clean install from Microsoft's website. It seems that every time when using the EDGE, the BSOD happens. This nearly didn't happen when running the game. I think the 905p is reliable enough on RAID 0.The only thing I can find out is there is a different firmware version E2010435 on one of these 905P.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, ZYira.

I noticed that in the reports, it seems to be a newer version of the firmware, but let me double-check just to make sure and I will get back to you.

Regarding the BSOD, since your configuration looks good, it could be entirely OS or application related, I will also check if there are other recommendations we can provide.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, ZYira.

Good day,

I'm still working on getting information about the firmware version you have in one of the drives.

For the BSOD, our last possible recommendation could be to check if you get the same error after setting up the RAID using Intel® RST instead of Intel® VROC since the later is more oriented towards Data Center or Workstation environments, this will let us know if the combination of your OS, EDGE and RST are a better match if the issue stops.

Let me know if is possible for you to try, I will let you know as soon as I get confirmation regarding the firmware.

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
ZYira
Beginner
When using the RST on my former platform WS Z390, it works well and no BSOD happened. 发自我的iPhone
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, ZYira.

The best option would be to test in the same system just to make sure, have you tried to contact Microsoft regarding teh BSOD or the EDGE developer to check if they have more information or reports about similar issues/errors?

Did you test other RAID configurations (1 or 5) or without setting up the RAID?

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
ZYira
Beginner
Could you offer a new ssd tools that can brings the firmware E2010435 back to E2010420? As I know, the firmware E2010435 was used for SSD P4800x/900P series.Maybe it is a mionor error didn’t cause any problem on RST Raid,but truely caused critical compatibility problems on VROC Raid (sometimes I noticed that one ssd’s negotiate speed dropped from 8Gb/s to 2.5Gb/s).On the other side,one special feature of 905p is the cancellation of DRAM cache.VROC didn’t offer the mechanical of using system memory as caches,to which leading the data sync failure. 发自我的iPhone
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, ZYira.

Right now there is a firmware version listed in the Intel SSD Toolbox release notes as E201043A which could be the next after E2010420, but it cannot be applied since version 0420 is still recognized as the latest one by Toolbox, that is the reason why I'm still waiting for confirmation on the 0435 version you have.

There is no tool to revert or perform a firmware rollback, you can try to install Intel SSD Toolbox to check if it "updates" the firmware to 0420:

Another possibility is for me to process a warranty replacement, but I need to confirm if replacement drives are being shipped with firmware 0420.

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
ZYira
Beginner
I tried a new install on two 905P raid (both firmware recognized as E2010420), and the BSOD occurred again during the installing process after I back to my computer at 2 hours later. I got disappointed to VROC, it is too unstable that I have to consider RAID Card instead.It is embarrassing that I have to change the hardware again and again just to make the HEDT basically operational. 发自我的iPhone
0 Kudos
ZYira
Beginner
It is the motherboard that caused the malfunctions.Thank you for your patience help! 发自我的iPhone
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, ZYira.

Thank you for the information and for letting me know.

If there is anything else, you can always contact us back.

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
ZYira
Beginner
Before moved all the components to full tower,I’m using a water-cooling desk which is not properly designed and configured . The motherboard must be working under an overheat environment constantly.I should notice that on sensors data through AIDA64 which indicates nearly a 75 degrees on PCH.After 3 day’s continuously running, no BSOD came out.The PCH temperature works below 55 degrees, which is out my expectation. I have learnt this important experience that PCIE signal was very sensitive to temperatures. 发自我的iPhone
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, ZYra.

Thank you for the additional information.

I also received confirmation regarding the firmware of your SSD.

The firmware E2010435 cannot be applied by the current version of our tools (Intel SSD Toolbox or Intel Firmware Update Tool), it is mentioned to be a new release and it will be implemented in future versions of the software.

Additionally, the firmware difference should not impact the drive functionality in any way, but you should be able to update the SSD firmware once a new Toolbox/FUT is released.

If there is anything else, just let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos