Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

C600+/C220+ SATA RAID Controller keeps failing drives, I need some help resolving this.

BScri
Beginner

I have a server running an Intel C600+/C220+ SATA RAID Controller. It keeps marking drives as failed. I will replace the drive and rebuild the RAID and it runs fine for a little while and then fails again. At this point, I have replaced all of the drives at least once. I have swapped cables as well. This is for a production server for an SMB and I can't keep replacing drives. How do I resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi BScri;

Greetings from  Intel RSTe Community.

Please let us know when you’re ready to retake the topic of discussion.

On our previous reply, we have sent you the details indicated below, where we have reviewed some details on your Original Equipment (OEM) website ASUS* https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P10S-WS/HelpDesk_Download/, also you might need to update your BIOS, please get it from this link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket1151/P10S_WS/BIOS/P10S-WS-ASUS-3701.zip?_ga=2.10117301.1041163128.1566926173-1374880803.1551807204, we’ve noticed your RSTe software was updated by your OEM, please download latest version from this link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket1151/P10S_WS/Driver/RAID_V4301542.zip?_ga=2.14918710.1041163128.1566926173-1374880803.1551807204.

For additional information, please help us by sending the System Reports for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology by following indication from following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

We recommend opening a support ticket, with your OEM, since they have the latest Drivers and Software to help you out on this matter; as the OEM, ASUS* is the main source of support for cases like this. Please bear in mind, products are manufactured by Intel®; however, as an OEM product, Intel® provides generic versions of hardware, software and drivers. Your OEM (ASUS*) is responsible for altered features, customization incorporated, or other changes made.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Third Party Content: Web Sites and Materials may contain user or third party submitted content; such content is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Intel and is provided solely as a convenience to our customers and users. Under no circumstances will Intel be liable in any way for any third party submitted or provided content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions, or damages of any kind. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. By your use you agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any third party content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. All postings and use of the Web Sites or Material are subject to these Terms of Use and any other program and site specific terms.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi BScri,

Thank you for contacting Intel Server Communities.

I was reviewing the information provided and I noticed you mentioned an Intel C600+/C220+ SATA RAID Controller.

Do you have by any chance the model of the RAID Controller?

Could you please so kind and provide to me with more details about your system such as Motherboard, HDD or SDD Models. Also, please provide me which software RAID are you using to check the status of the RAID Configuration.

Are you using a RAID BIOS or Software RAID?

I will be waiting for your information to proceed with the next step.

Regards,

Emeth O.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner
Emeth, Thank you for your reply. I’m out of the office today. I will get you this information tomorrow. Thank you, Ben
0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

Emeth,

I've attached a ZIP file that has snapshots of most of the info that you've requested. We are using RAID 5 and this controller is embedded on the motherboard (it's an Asus board, but I don't the exact model yet). This should be a hardware RAID. I've attached two screenshots of the Intel Rapid Storage application - one of the general screen (pic 1) and one of the help > about (pic2). Pic 3 is the details on the "failed" drive - all three drives are the same manufacturer and model. At this point, every one of these drives has been replaced at least once. Lastly, Pic4 is the Device Manager view and RAID controller driver details. Thank you very much for your help!

Ben Scribner

ScribNet, LLC

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi BScri,

Thank you for the information.

We are going to double check this information and as soon as possible we will get back to you in order to proceed with the next step.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

I have not received a follow-up response on this. Could you please advise on how to proceed?

Thank you,

Ben Scribner

ScribNet, LLC

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel

Hi BScri,

Sure, no problem. Let me know as soon as you have the information.

Regards,

Emeth O.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello BScri,

Thank you for your response, 

I'm afraid that we have not received the zip file you mention above, do you mind uploading the file again to the forum? 

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.  

Best regards, 

Esteban Ch. 

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

I've attached it to this email. Please confirm receipt.

Thank you,

Ben Scribner

ScribNet, LLC

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello BScri,

Thank you for your quick response, 

Could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and share the results with me? You will find the tool at the following link.

Best regards, 

Esteban Ch. 

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

Esteban,

I've attached the Intel Summary. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Ben Scribner

ScribNet, LLC

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello BScri,

I'm afraid that we are not getting the files you provided, please upload the SSU report and zip file previously mentioned into this thread.

To attach a file, you must click the "Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

Sorry - I've attached both file here. Thank you!

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

Here is the Array zip

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you,

Ben

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello BScri,

Thank you for the information provided.

I forwarding your message to the relevant party for support. This may cause a brief delay in our response, they will be reaching you out as soon as possible.

Regards,

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

Thank you for your help! Sorry for the delay in getting the files to you.

Ben Scribner

ScribNet, LLC

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi BScri;

Thank you for posting on Intel RSTE Community.

We have reviewed the details on the case and we want to know if the RSTe on your system came installed from the manufacturer.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

Santiago,

Unfortunately, I am not sure. Is there a way to tell? I did not install this server (it is a white box server) and the person that did is no longer with the company.

Ben

*Edited (Removed Personal Information)

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi BScri;

Thank you for your reply to Intel RSTE Community.

We have reviewed some details on your Original Equipment (OEM) website ASUS* https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P10S-WS/HelpDesk_Download/, also you might need to update your BIOS, please get it from this link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket1151/P10S_WS/BIOS/P10S-WS-ASUS-3701.zip?_ga=2.10117301.1041163128.1566926173-1374880803.1551807204, we’ve noticed your RSTe software was updated by your OEM, please download latest version from this link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket1151/P10S_WS/Driver/RAID_V4301542.zip?_ga=2.14918710.1041163128.1566926173-1374880803.1551807204.

For additional information, please help us by sending the System Reports for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology by following indication from following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

We recommend opening a support ticket, with your OEM, since they have the latest Drivers and Software to help you out on this matter; as the OEM, ASUS* is the main source of support for cases like this. Please bear in mind, products are manufactured by Intel®; however, as an OEM product, Intel® provides generic versions of hardware, software and drivers. Your OEM (ASUS*) is responsible for altered features, customization incorporated, or other changes made.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.

0 Kudos
BScri
Beginner

Thank you for the help. I'm heading out on vacation for the week. I'll tackle this when I get back next week.

Ben

*Edited (Removed Personal Information)

0 Kudos