Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

I suspect there is an answer to my problem somewhere in the forum but I cant find it. I will try to be brief. I need to delete a Raid0 and put a fresh install of W7 on a single drive. Can someone please briefly outline the process steps ? Thanks.

MOdy0
Beginner

I have a desktop with Raid0 [2 x 1tb drives]

Drives are NOT SSD.

No EUEFI.

All the hardware is good but my OS [w7] is totally corrupted and un-bootable.

In spite of endless hours 'troubleshooting' all I can get now is usual MS 'no operating system found'].

I want to split the Raid0 and reinstall on a single drive.

There is no data whatsoever that I need to keeep.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MOdy0
Beginner

Thank you Santiago A but I have made some progress at my end.

I was checking my BIOS settings in detail and found that for some reason the setting for RAID had unexpectedly changed back to it's default.

Resetting to RAID meant that I could immediately boot successfully as before.

I have no idea how this could have happened as I dont remember setting the BIOS back to default settings..

As such I have decided to defer abandoning RAID 0 - for the time being at least.

Thank you again for your rapid response,

M

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee
Hello MOdy0, Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD support group. To help you further with your request, we will require from your side, the following information: Detailed system’s information • Motherboard model, brand/make • CPU type/model • Memory capacity installed • HDD Model, brand/make We will be looking forward for your reply. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MOdy0
Beginner

Thank you Santiago A but I have made some progress at my end.

I was checking my BIOS settings in detail and found that for some reason the setting for RAID had unexpectedly changed back to it's default.

Resetting to RAID meant that I could immediately boot successfully as before.

I have no idea how this could have happened as I dont remember setting the BIOS back to default settings..

As such I have decided to defer abandoning RAID 0 - for the time being at least.

Thank you again for your rapid response,

M

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hello MOdy0,

Thank you for prompt reply to Intel® SSD support group.

It’s great to hear you’ve made progress at your end.

Please let us know if we can offer any additional assistance.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee
Hi MOdy0, Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support. This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply. Please let us know if you might need further assistance. Have a nice day. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee
Hi MOdy0, Greetings from Intel® SSD Support. This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply. Please let us know if you might need further assistance. Have a nice day. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos