Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MOdy0
Beginner

I suspect there is an answer to my problem somewhere in the forum but I cant find it. I will try to be brief. I need to delete a Raid0 and put a fresh install of W7 on a single drive. Can someone please briefly outline the process steps ? Thanks.

Jump to solution

I have a desktop with Raid0 [2 x 1tb drives]

Drives are NOT SSD.

No EUEFI.

All the hardware is good but my OS [w7] is totally corrupted and un-bootable.

In spite of endless hours 'troubleshooting' all I can get now is usual MS 'no operating system found'].

I want to split the Raid0 and reinstall on a single drive.

There is no data whatsoever that I need to keeep.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MOdy0
Beginner

Thank you Santiago A but I have made some progress at my end.

I was checking my BIOS settings in detail and found that for some reason the setting for RAID had unexpectedly changed back to it's default.

Resetting to RAID meant that I could immediately boot successfully as before.

I have no idea how this could have happened as I dont remember setting the BIOS back to default settings..

As such I have decided to defer abandoning RAID 0 - for the time being at least.

Thank you again for your rapid response,

M

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee
Hello MOdy0, Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD support group. To help you further with your request, we will require from your side, the following information: Detailed system’s information • Motherboard model, brand/make • CPU type/model • Memory capacity installed • HDD Model, brand/make We will be looking forward for your reply. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
MOdy0
Beginner

Thank you Santiago A but I have made some progress at my end.

I was checking my BIOS settings in detail and found that for some reason the setting for RAID had unexpectedly changed back to it's default.

Resetting to RAID meant that I could immediately boot successfully as before.

I have no idea how this could have happened as I dont remember setting the BIOS back to default settings..

As such I have decided to defer abandoning RAID 0 - for the time being at least.

Thank you again for your rapid response,

M

View solution in original post

Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hello MOdy0,

Thank you for prompt reply to Intel® SSD support group.

It’s great to hear you’ve made progress at your end.

Please let us know if we can offer any additional assistance.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Santiago_A_Intel
Employee
Hi MOdy0, Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support. This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply. Please let us know if you might need further assistance. Have a nice day. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee
Hi MOdy0, Greetings from Intel® SSD Support. This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply. Please let us know if you might need further assistance. Have a nice day. Best regards, Santiago A. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation