Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

I try to reinstall IDA, but always got the windows asking if I want to uninstall the program. I have tried the special uninstall program, but it does not help. IDA will not install. Something wrong in the register? (Bjorn

BHjal
Beginner

0 Kudos
28 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What OS? WIndows 10? What version? 1909?

What anti-virus are you using?

What firewall are you using?

Are you blocking any ports? IDSA accesses localhost on posts 28385-28389. It also connects to www.intel.com, downloadcenter.intel.com, and downloadmirror.intel.com, all on port 443 (HTTPS).

Doc

0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

Hi,

Windows 10 Home, 1909.

Bitdefender Total Security & Windows Firewall

I shut everything on Bitdefender and Firewall, but the problem persist...

BR/Björn

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Download the Microsoft Uninstall Troubleshooter https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed
  2. Run it, choose uninstall option and select the IDA entries for uninstalling.
  3. Now, you will be able to install the IDA.

Leon

0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

Sorry, but it does not help. Can't find IDA i the list.

/Björn

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

See the attached video how to do this.

Leon

0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

Thank's but I have tried that. The problem is that I can't find IDA in the list!

/Bjorn

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Uninstall bitdefender as a test and use windows defender.

Doc

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BHjal

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

Can you please provide a picture of the behavior that you are having?

What is the full Intel® software name that is having this issue?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

Hi,

When I try to install Intel DSA I always get this windows. If select uninstall I get the same window again when try to reinstall... I have tried suggested fixes above, but nothing helps. I have also removed some key for IDA in the register.

But no change..

BR/Björn

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BHjal

The video that was shared by LEON WAKSMAN works to uninstall and install Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), in fact, he uninstalls Intel® Driver & Support Assistant on the system, I am curious to know why are you looking for "IDA" and what software are you referring to by "IDA"?

In case you are referring to Intel® DSA try completing these steps:

1. Uninstall the existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) tool in the system using the Uninstaller tool.
  2. Download and install the latest Intel® DSA version from here.

Can you provide me with the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report and a video similar to the video shared by LEON WAKSMAN showing the issue that you are having?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

Skärmbild (32).pngHi,

No use showing a video. I run uninstall and it looks ok. Run Install and it ends with this window. It always end like this.

Enclose the system file.

BR/Björn

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello BR/Björn,

1. You should download and run Microsoft tool: https://aka.ms/Program_Install_and_Uninstall
  2. Press on Uninstalling
  3. After short scan you should fin in the list Intel Driver && Support Assistant (at 0:00:27 on my movie clip). Click on it and click Next.
  4. After uninstalling the IDSA installer, you should be able to install latest IDSA.

Leon

0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

I have tried, as I wrote earlier there is no IDA in the list!!!

0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

I found two logs from IDA from latest try, enclosed

0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner
0 Kudos
BHjal
Beginner

When I run the program I don't find IDA in the list and select "not in list". Then I get a question to enter the code for the program. Do you know the code?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

No, I don't know the code, however will pass your question to the S/W group working on IDSA.

Leon

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BHjal

Thank you for reporting the behavior that you are having, we are currently working on a new release for Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) by January 30th, we would appreciate if you can test this release completing a clean installation of Intel® DSA with the steps I provided previously. 

I will be following up by then on this thread  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BHjal

I would like to update this thread and share with you that the new Intel® DSA version v20.1.5 (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824) is released.  

Can you try running the Intel® DSA Uninstaller (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller) and installing the new Intel® DSA version on the system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello BHjal

Have you been able to test the steps provided?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos