Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!

Intel rapid storage enterprise

COMah
Beginner

Have setup a raid1. Working fine for the last 2weeks. This morning server refused to boot. Did Carl+I on boot up and noticed that raid state is showing as. " Initialise ". Does not seem to be any activity on raid drives. No access to drives in Carl+I mode

Any suggestions ? Should I leave and see if initialise eventually change to. " Normal "

Thanks in advance

colingsn

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Colingsn,

Thanks for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (Intel® RSTe) support forum, in regards to the situation that you're mentioning the best option at this moment will be to let your equipment try to Initialize the RAID, so it'll search for errors on the array and repair them in the cases that's possible.

We'll recommend you also to test the disks (if possible) and check their SMART status to ensure that the disks are in good condition and they're not causing the RAID to fail.

Additionally in order to determine which way will be the most appropriate to further assist you we'll need that you send us the Technical Specifications of your machine such as:

Motherboard Model and Manufacturer:

Processor Model:

Amount of RAM that you have installed:

Number of Storage devices and their capacity (SSDs and HDDs) on your machine:

The Drives are used in a RAID (0, 1, 5, 10) configuration? (If there's more than one RAID configured):

Version of Intel® RSTe (Enterprise) or Intel® RST (non-Enterprise) that you're using (You can find the Version Number on the Ctrl+I mode at the top):

OS that you have installed:

Once you've sent us that information we'll be able to investigate in a more comprehensive way and if you have additional details to your case or want to ask additional questions please don't hesitate to contact us, we'll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Colingsn,

Thanks for your time and we're sending you this message as a follow-up to your case and to see if you've been able to gather the information we've requested to help you with your situation.

Please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Collingsn,

Thanks for your time and we're sending you this message as a follow-up to your situation and to see if the information that we've provided you was useful for your situation.

At this point we'll mark this question as solved; however, if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Chris
0 Kudos