Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

RST: absolute confusion with versions!

ACX_Com
Beginner

Hi.
I don't know what's so difficult about keeping its versions under control, but it seems that Intel manages to create a completely different one on the website (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/download/28992?v=t) To offer the version than the file then has after the download.

I ask for clarification ...
Version 16.8.3.1003 is indicated on this page.
I installed this at least according to the driver information in the device manager (with the date 07/15/2019) and in the Help> About the software.

But if I download the file and see its details, I get the following information:
File version: 16.8.0.5
Product version: 16.8.3.1007

What kind of mess is that?
What's right now?
What is up-to-date and is the file offered on the website really the correct / newest one?

... I have the Gigabyte C246M-WU4

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello ACX_Com,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on your motherboard’s chipset, we’ll have to inform you that the support for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) along with the right software to go along with it needs to be provided by the manufacturer of the board, consequently, you will need to contact them directly for further assistance.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACX_Com
Beginner

You could have saved yourself this answer and does not answer my version questions in any way!

Gigabyte offers a completely different / outdated software - A JOKE !?

The one I mentioned and installed has been working for a long time and was also recommended to me by your colleagues!

I can't think of anything to answer your answer.

0 Kudos