Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

VROC - X299 - Compatabilities? Key types?

eri00
Beginner

Trying to find information on it; but there is way too much conflicting information on these devices on the internet.

I have a X299 ASUS board.

I will buy a HYPER M.2 X16 PCI-E CARD

I will buy a Intel 760p Series M.2 2280 512GB

I intend to run in Raid 1

Do I require a Intel VROCISSDMOD?

I've read that they are available for less than ~10$ but it appears there is no retailers just third-part's trying to resell them for hundreds of dollars? So where exactly can I purchase these?

Do these parts work together like they should? Sane-build etc?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello eri00, Thank you for contacting the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) support forum. In regards to your question, the Intel® SSD 760p Series that you've mentioned are not supported for its use on VROC RAID Arrays; in order to create a RAID Array with VROC you'll need to use one of our Intel® SSDs that are supported on the product Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030310/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html https://ark.intel.com/#@SolidStateDrives The correct key to use with Intel® X299 Chipset based platforms it's the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU – Intel SSD Only (VROCISSDMOD). In order to get the compatible Intel® SSDs and the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU – Intel SSD Only (VROCISSDMOD) key, we advise you to contact the Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html) The usage of a “HYPER M.2 X16 PCI-E CARD” is not tested validated or supported by Intel® and is up to the motherboard original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to support it. We strongly recommend you to contact your OEM for more information regarding compatibility and the available features of VROC on your Motherboard. We hope you find this information useful for your situation and please remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello eri00, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello eri00, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos