Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring
Discussion regarding monitoring and software tuning methodologies, Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) of Intel microprocessors, and platform updating.

(BIOS) Options for Haswell-EP and Broadwell-EP

JJoha8
New Contributor I

What is the recommended way to enabling/disable CoD, enabling/disabling UFS, choosing between different snooping modes, enabling/disabling HT, etc. in a cluster environment? I know that some of these settings require a node to be rebooted, but is there some sort of binary that allows setting these options at runtime (I know it's possible to turn on and off prefetchers via MSRs) via a batch system and then reboot the node or is the only option walking to a machine, rebooting it, entering the BIOS, and configuring the node there?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
McCalpinJohn
Honored Contributor III

I think this is going to be a vendor-specific option (since it needs to integrate with a particular vendor's BIOS).   Our Dell and HP clusters each have their own vendor-supplied infrastructure for setting BIOS options for the next boot.    I suspect other vendors have similar features.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
McCalpinJohn
Honored Contributor III

I think this is going to be a vendor-specific option (since it needs to integrate with a particular vendor's BIOS).   Our Dell and HP clusters each have their own vendor-supplied infrastructure for setting BIOS options for the next boot.    I suspect other vendors have similar features.

0 Kudos