Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

9260 Bluetooth not detecting devices

BHuds1
Beginner

Hello!

I installed an Intel 9260 wifi card in my desktop via a Fenvi PCIe adapter. Wifi is working, and Windows says Bluetooth is working but when I try to pair anything, nothing is discovered. I have even set my laptop by the desktop and run its pairing utility concurrently, and it will list mice, Google Assistant devices, headsets, etc, no problem, yet the desktop with the 9260 displays nothing. Antennas are attached, Bluetooth is connected (the Fenvi card has a port to connect the Bluetooth component to a USB header), and the adapter itself is connected to a PCIe 4.0x slot on the motherboard (Asus F2A85-m Pro). Windows 10 Pro detects and installs drivers, have tried the latest drivers from Intel, and still no change. Bluetooth services all running. What could be the problem? I have attached a scan from the Intel support utility.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just a side note here: I am using one of these cards with an AX200 module and both Wireless and Bluetooth are working just fine. PC has Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 installed and all updates applied. Wireless driver is 21.60.2. Bluetooth driver is 21.60.0.

...S

0 Kudos
BHuds1
Beginner

The 21.60.0 Bluetooth driver is supposed to support the 9260 as well; when I install the software it says 21.60.0, then in device manager it says 21.70.0 - which I do not understand. But the Fenvi adapter has excellent reviews on Amazon, so I know it *should* work, it just doesn't. Running Win 10 Pro x64 build 19555 (latest build of the fast ring insider preview).

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are separate version numbers for drivers and for driver packages (which can install multiple drivers based upon hardware present). Go by the version numbers that you see in Apps and Features, not anything you see in Device Mangler.

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

All bets are off if you are using an insider build. If you have problems with this build, report them to Microsoft like all insiders should be doing. Try your configuration on 1909. If it does not work, then come back to this thread.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@BHuds1 - Let us know when and how (and with what Insider build) you resolved this.

...S

0 Kudos
Max44
Beginner

I just did this upgrade with my Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd gen.

Perfect swap with the built in 7265.

Have you installed the Intel Bluetooth driver? I know my Bluetooth was an Unknown Device until I installed that.

0 Kudos