Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

AC-3165 Bluetooth cuts of minus of a second that affects all devices connected. Dell Inspiron 7000 17" on W10. I've done a lot of things, but the problem persists.

JMora15
Beginner

AC-3165 Bluetooth cuts of minus of a second that affects all devices connected. Dell Inspiron 7000 17" on W10. I've done a lot of things, but the problem persists.I've reinstall W10, and the problem persists. It's not due to overload of the PC. The main problem is there is not a tool for to know what is happening with this cuts.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Manolomos,

We understand that you're having issues with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Bluetooth* module.

As always, please make sure that you're using the latest Wireless and Bluetooth* drivers provided by your http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html computer manufacturer.

If you have already tested the OEM specific drivers for your system, and the issue continues, we can recommend switching to our latest generic release:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26944/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Software-for-Windows-10?v=t Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10*

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26924/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?v=t Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10*

1. Download and save the latest wireless and Bluetooth* packages. Don't install yet.

2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software" and "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."

3. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and uninstall it. Make sure to select the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

4. Device Manager > Bluetooth* > Right click on your Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) and uninstall it. If you only see a variation of "Generic Bluetooth* Adapter," skip this step.

5. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK.

6. Reboot your computer.

7. Install both of the Wireless and Bluetooth* packages that were downloaded back in step one.

As optional steps, you may also apply the following settings:

1. Device Manager > Network Adapters > Double click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 to open Properties > Advanced tab > Set https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005585.html Bluetooth® AMP to "enabled" if available.

If you continue having Bluetooth* disconnects, please download and run the Intel® System Support Utility. You will be able to share the report generated by using the advanced editor (top right), which will enable attachments (bottom right).

Please let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
JMora15
Beginner

Hello. I've tried all ad more but the problem persists. I've tried the official Dell AC-3165 driver Network_Driver_85C7G_WN32_19.1.1627.3533_A02_04.EXE and the Intel official driver BT_19.71.0_64_Win10.exe and former versions. Now I have the official dell driver 19.1.1627.3533.

But there maybe is a clue. I've ejecuted the "Intel® System Support Utility" and it says that the Intel AC-3165 Bluetooth driver is the generic Microsoft Driver Version 10.0.15063.483. There is an incongruency, I think.

Maybe the generic bluetooth microsoft driver is running instead the Intel driver.

Here is the file generated by the Intel® System Support Utility:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2i54xm4mu002e73/Dell%207778%20AC-3175.txt?dl=0

and here are the screen shot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/afc1f7tfeu8qjtx/Dell%207778%20AC-3165.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfcd7dn824u7lcd/Dell%207778%20AC-3165%201.png?dl=0

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Manolomos,

Thank you for this information.

Please allow us to review the information in order to provide our next troubleshooting step.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Manolomos,

Currently, there is no OEM provided driver for your Bluetooth® module in Windows® 10. Because of this, we would like for you to test our latest generic release, through the following clean installation method:

1. Uninstall any instance of the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®, either via Settings or the Control Panel. (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028054/windows-repair-or-remove-programs-in-windows-10 Remove programs in Windows® 10).

2. Remove drivers from Device Manager

1. Right click on start menu (Windows® logo).

2. Select Device Manager from drop down menu.

3. Expand Bluetooth® Category

4. Right click on Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®, click on Uninstall. Check the option to "Delete Driver Software for this Device".

Note: Windows® may automatically install a generic Bluetooth® driver after uninstalling the current one, this is ok.

3. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK.

4. Download and install the latest Intel® Bluetooth® Wireless Software for your adapter: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26924/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?v=t Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10* Version 19.71.0.

5. Restart your computer.

After this, you may test your Bluetooth® devices and let us know if the behaviour continues.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
JMora15
Beginner

Hello. I've done all this and the problem persists. Following the instructions the BT remained without controlators, I installed the latest Intel official driver but the problem persists. But this latest driver let me see and do some things in the WI-FI part.

I did suspect about Wifi and BT mutual interferences, because they share the same radio band. And this driver let me increase or reduce the Wifi transmit power, and in the Wifi part I put power transmition at 1 Minimum, and the BT cuts dissapeared. I saw that BT and WIFI share radio band and antenna. This is enginering design fault because BT and Wifi must be isolated for not to be interferred one to each other. For it my old Dell Inspiron 6400 from 2006 runs Bluetooth perfectly, because the Bluetooth card is a different hardward of the WIFI.

Now that I discovered the origin of the problem, I'd like to ask if there is any thing else to isolate the BT from the WIFI, changing some parameter in some menu, etc...

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Manolomos,

With your problem narrowed down to interference issues, we can recommend making the following changes:

1. Under the Advanced tab of your wireless adapter settings, apply the following changes:

1. Bluetooth® AMP > Enabled.

2. Channel Width for 2.4GHz > 20 MHz Only.

3. Roaming Aggressiveness > 1. Lowest.

4. Throughput Booster > Disabled.

2. Or, if possible, change to the 5 GHz band for WiFi. This will provide the most dramatic decrease in interference issues with Bluetooth® devices.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
JMora15
Beginner

Hello. In this version of the driver, and in the last driver offered by Dell, there is not the option in the menú of "Bluetooth® AMP".

Is there a way of to see and change this parameter in this version of driver? Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Manolomos,

If the feature is disabled by your computer manufacturer, we do not have a way to override the configuration.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
JMora15
Beginner

Hello again. Though the litle interruptions in bluetooth have decreased, there continues. Before was aleatoric cuts, now it produces when you do something, like open a page, like if it were a shortage of computer power, but this is very improbable, I think. In my old Dell of 2006 with Ubuntu Bluetooth never cuts.

Well, I've installed Ubuntu in this Dell Inspiron 7000 (Dell 7778) with the intel AC-3165 and ¡Surprise! It runs perfectly. Hour and hours and no one cut, perfect.

I've installed Ubuntu and no configuration change, and runs perfect.

So, there is a defect in Windows, the driver or another thing that causes these cuts.

Another clue is that the Bluetooth Audio device has a led of connection. With Windows always is blinking everty one or two secods. In Linux the led is always on, this means that the connection in windows is interrupting every few seconds, neverless in Linux the connection is always up, never cut.

Obviously, now I use Ubuntu until the day Intel or Windows solve the bluetooth cuts.

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Manolomos,

Thank you for the information. We've reported this issue and it's currently under investigation.

In the meantime, if Windows* is still an option, please make sure that the firmware for your BT Audio Device is up to date:

- https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200909352-Information-about-the-latest-BT100-firmware-update-v2-3 Latest Cambridge Audio* BT100 firmware update v2.3

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
JMora15
Beginner

Hello. Yes, the Cambridge Audio BT100 has the firmware v2.3.

Well, I've changed the WLan+Bt card for another Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174A and is running perfectly in Windows.

So, I let this card in my PC, I desist to find any solution with the Intel AC-3165 in Windows 10.

Thanks for all and regards.

0 Kudos