Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

AC 7260 Bluetooth Serial Port Protocol SPP not working

DAsdf1
Beginner

Hello,

I have the Intel Wireless AC 7260 in my Laptop. It came preinstalled with the card.

I tried the official driver from the manufacturer and the latest Intel PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth driver (17.1.1531.1764, Windows 8.1 Pro x64)

Unfortunately, when I add a bluetooth device via Windows device manager, there is no COM port being installed, although the bluetooth module I am connecting to definitely has one. It works using my Android Smartphone to connect.

I am also not able to assign a COM port to the connected bluetooth device, because it says that there is no COM port on the connected module, but there definitely is.

Can you please help me find a solution?

I also tried deleting the driver via device manager and completely reinstalling it but this also didn't help it..

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

darkcheater,

This Bluetooth* SPP Protocol is supported by Windows* own inbox drivers. Please check this link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn133849(v=vs.85).aspx Which Bluetooth profiles have in-box Windows support?

We are going to check on this and get back to you as soon as possible.

0 Kudos