Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC7260 Bluetooth connects with phone but not with keyboard.

BEarg
Beginner

Windows 8.1 x64 Home, HP 15-f039wm notebook, Celeron N2830, Crucial 8 GB DDR3-1600, Mushkin Chronos 240 GB SSD, 15" LED 1366x768

I replaced the WiFi/Bluetooth Combo WLAN adapter, Realtek RTL8723BE, 802.11 b/g/n 150 Mbps, Bluetooth 4.0, with

an Intel AC7260, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 867 Mbps, Bluetooth 4.0.

I uninstalled the Realtek drivers and installed (as administrator) the Intel ProSet/Wireless drivers 15.5.0.0 dated 4/15/2015,

WP-BT_17.1.1501.01_e164.exe

My generic Bluetooth wireless keyboard (back-lit 7 colors) paired and connected with the Realtek RTL8723BE WLAN adapter, and it worked properly.

But with the AC7260 WLAN card installed, when I activate the Bluetooth search for BT devices on the notebook Settings / Bluetooth page, and I press the Connect button on the BT keyboard, the "Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard" entry does not appear on the Settings / Bluetooth page.

The AC7260 is verified as working, because it pairs and connects with my Android BT phone, and the WiFi works.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth, I have entries for my phone, the Intel WLAN adapter, MS Bluetooth Enumerator, and MS Bluetooth LE Enumerator.

I've checked all the Details for the Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) in Device Manager; they all look OK.

Under Network Adapters, I have entries for Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network), Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI), Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC7260, and Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller. I have power management turned off for the AC7260. There are no Lower filters; Upper filters is vwfibus. Current power state is D0, where S0 -> D0.

The keyboard distributor recommended that I install the Mediatek driver with its Ralink Bluetooth stack, even though I'm not using a Ralink WLAN adapter. But the Mediatek driver didn't make the "Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard" entry show up on the Settings page for pairing and connecting.

I would much prefer to use the AC7260 rather than the Reaktek RTL8723BE, which tops out at 150 Mbps. I'm looking for 600 Mbps from the AC7260, 300 Mbps from each channel. I understand that there are limitations that will prevent me from getting the full 433 Mbps from each channel.

My question is, how do I get the Intel AC7260 and my BT wireless keyboard to pair and connect, and then stay connected?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

gospelmidi,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth* is designed to work with the most recent Bluetooth* profiles on the market today. However, some connectivity issues due to incompatibility may occur. Your system may not be fully compatible with your system and our first recommendation is for you to check with your computer manufacturer to see if they have any solution or driver available for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth*. The drivers found in our support page are generic and may not be compatible. Only your computer manufacturer can provide you a list of certified and tested adapters that are compatible with your system. Check this link for more information on this matter as Intel does not support integrations: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

On our best effort to assist you, some users have found a workaround that apparently resolved their Bluetooth* connectivity issues. Click on this link and see if their solution may also help you:

*Please know that this link above is offered for your convenience only as it may not work for you and the information there is provided by users and therefore NOT indorsed by Intel so if you decide to try their solution, it will be at your own risk.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

gospelmidi,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth* is designed to work with the most recent Bluetooth* profiles on the market today. However, some connectivity issues due to incompatibility may occur. Your system may not be fully compatible with your system and our first recommendation is for you to check with your computer manufacturer to see if they have any solution or driver available for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth*. The drivers found in our support page are generic and may not be compatible. Only your computer manufacturer can provide you a list of certified and tested adapters that are compatible with your system. Check this link for more information on this matter as Intel does not support integrations: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

On our best effort to assist you, some users have found a workaround that apparently resolved their Bluetooth* connectivity issues. Click on this link and see if their solution may also help you:

*Please know that this link above is offered for your convenience only as it may not work for you and the information there is provided by users and therefore NOT indorsed by Intel so if you decide to try their solution, it will be at your own risk.

BEarg
Beginner

Thank you. The discussion of the Intel 6235 Wi-Fi/BT WLAN adapter was very informative.

I had not yet plugged in my IPEX antenna wire, because the snap was a very tight fit.

But I applied a little extra thumb pressure to it, and it finally snapped into place.

With a second antenna wire connected to the AC 7260, it now sees the Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard.

In the absence of a second IPEX antenna wire, the trace # 51 can be defeated until you get a wire.

Bluetooth must be turned on in the Bluetooth Settings:

right click on the BT icon in the right corner of the system tray.

Function key F12 toggles the Wi-Fi on and off; I don't think that affects the Bluetooth radio.

I plan to install the HP Connection Manager on my HP 15-f039wm notebook; that may help.

0 Kudos
BEarg
Beginner

Microsoft Support explained how to input a new passcode for the BT keyboard.

Brian wrote,

I accept Tim Hermann and Frank Boyne's explanation of how to add or delete a device using

Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Add a Device

Even though I thought I had added the keyboard by way of Settings > Bluetooth, it had not connected.

Therefore, it was not on the Device list. I had to add it this way.

In Control Panel, the Add a Device scan found the Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard. Attempting to add it caused another demand for the passcode, which I didn't know. But this time, below the blank passcode query box, there was an option which allowed me to make changes to the keyboard properties. THIS OPTION DID PROVIDE A FRESH 8-DIGIT PASSCODE TO ENTER ON THE BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD. Now it is connected.

If the Device list from the Device scan includes your keyboard, however misconfigured, you can delete it there and then add the device as explained above.

Here are Tim Hermann and Frank Boyne's step-by-step instructions, which I edited to make them device-independent.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb859a97-4d20-423a-ab3a-ef18a05e8b9f/bluetooth-keyboard-asking-for-passcode?forum=samsungpcgeneral https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb859a97-4d20-423a-ab3a-ef18a05e8b9f/bluetooth-keyboard-asking-for-passcode?forum=samsungpcgeneral

[quote]From the flyer, here are the instructions for pairing the keyboard...

Discovering and Associating the Keyboard with Windows

Press and hold the power button on the right hand side of the keyboard for ~3 seconds [or press

"Connect"] until the blue LED starts to flash slowly. It may alternate two flashes and a pause.

On the Windows 8.1 Start Menu, click "Control Panel."

Under "Hardware and Sound," click "Add a Device."

As the Device scan proceeds, the Bluetooth keyboard should appear in the device list.

Select the keyboard. You should be presented with a passcode.

If not, click the link below the empty passcode query box for a new passcode.

Type that passcode on the Bluetooth keyboard and press Enter.

Your keyboard is now ready for use.

The flyer also emphasizes that, when turning the keyboard off and on, you should press the power button for only ~2 seconds, until the blue LED comes on [or press "Connect"]. Release the power button immediately after the LED comes on, or else the keyboard may end up back in pairing mode.

There's also a "Troubleshooting" section in the flyer...

If you have previously paired your Windows system with the keyboard, but it does not seem to function,

follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue (you can also refer to the release notes for any further issues

you may encounter).

First check the keyboard batteries and make sure they are fresh [or the internal battery is charged].

If the batteries are good, go to the "Add a Device" routine:

from the Start menu, click Control Panel, and under Hardware and Sound, click on "Add a Device."

Select the Bluetooth keyboard from the list of Devices which the Device scan finds.

Select "Remove Device" (or perhaps press "Delete")..

Click "Yes" to remove the device. The Bluetooth keyboard will disappear from the list.

To reconnect your Bluetooth keyboard, follow the steps in the above section,

"Discovering and Associating the Keyboard with Windows."

The release notes, in .PDF format, can be found here:

http://www.samsung.com/global/buildpc/data/Samsung_Slate_PC_Windows_Developer_Preview_Release_Notes.pdf http://www.samsung.com/global/buildpc/data/Samsung_Slate_PC_Windows_Developer_Preview_Release_Notes.pdf [/quote]

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

gospelmidi,

Thank you for sharing this with other users here.

0 Kudos