Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX 201 not connecting after update

Vieken
Beginner

Hello,

We have several new laptops (Dell Latitudes) with an INTEL WI-FI 6 AX201 wireless network card.

After the driver updated to version 22.10.0.7 we lost the connection to our wireless network. I can see the ssid but I can't get any connection.

I only get a connection when I change driver properties. When I change '802.11/n/ac/ax Wireless mode' to disable I have the connection again. The other options are not working, altough I have connection with my own laptop (Lenovo) with 802.11ac.

I also tried the 22.20 driver but I have the same problem. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Vieken,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Please check the following: 

1. Can you confirm if the driver version22.10.0.7 you are using was downloaded from the Intel or the system manufacturer (OEM) website? Otherwise, do both versions work regardless of where you download them from?  

2. I will recommend you to try a clean install of the wireless drivers provided by the OEM: 

3. Also, you may check with the AP manufacturer to see if your AP has the latest firmware installed and for additional configuration settings, as this problem only happens in your work environment.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Vieken, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information.  

2. Just to confirm, you are able to connect to the internet only if you go to Device Manager > Network adapters > Properties > Advanced > 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode and set the value to "Disable"? Can you please share a screenshot of this? 

3. How many units do you have with this configuration, and how many units are facing this issue?  

4. Do you remember which driver version was installed before this problem started?  

5. Please provide the brand and model number of your router/AP.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Vieken
Beginner

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for your answer. I'll try to provide you everything. Right now I'm working from home and we only have the problem with our AP's at work. I'm not sure if the first test has to be at work or not. I can redo it again later.

1. See txt in atachment

2. Yes, but in the older driver it was not a problem. See screenshot.

3. We have about 20 devices like this. Some are still working because they driver hasn't updated yet.

4. It worked with version 21.110.2.1 of the driver

5. Our AP's : Aruba Instant 105 - Aruba Instant 135

0 Kudos
drb0
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue, the older driver worked with the Aruba Instant 135, but the new driver fails to negotiate the link, but does see the access point.

0 Kudos
Vieken
Beginner

Hi,

I had to contact Aruba Support because I couldn't find the latest firmware. 

They did everything for me with a remote access because in our case it wasn't that easy.

Now everything works great again.

0 Kudos
drb0
Beginner

Do you know what firmware version they installed?

0 Kudos
Vieken
Beginner

We have version 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.17_75903 now.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Vieken,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Please check the following: 

1. Can you confirm if the driver version22.10.0.7 you are using was downloaded from the Intel or the system manufacturer (OEM) website? Otherwise, do both versions work regardless of where you download them from?  

2. I will recommend you to try a clean install of the wireless drivers provided by the OEM: 

3. Also, you may check with the AP manufacturer to see if your AP has the latest firmware installed and for additional configuration settings, as this problem only happens in your work environment.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Vieken,

Were you able to check the previous post and follow our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards,

Sebastian M

0 Kudos
Vieken
Beginner

Hello Sebastian,

I just updated our AP's yesterday. It wasn't that easy because they're getting old and we realised we have to invest in new ones.

Anyhow, the update resolved our problems with the AX201 cards. We could connect them without any problems. So, thanks a lot for you help!!! We really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Vieken, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I am glad to hear that you were able to fix this issue. 

Based on that, we will close this inquiry; if you need further help, please post a new question and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos