Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX200 unable to connect using 802.11 ax and 802.11 ac

Zelvyr
Beginner

Hi,

I've recently had issues regarding my Intel WiFi 6 AX200 160MHz connecting to a BT Hub 6, the issue started yesterday where I would intermittently be disconnected from the internet and then it would automatically reconnect, however this got worse to the point where it would no longer connect.

Using the built in windows 10 trouble-shooter I got the message that I’m unable to obtain a valid IP address.

I managed to get a stable connection over 5GHz by switching to 802.11n and leaving the setting on Dual band 802.11 a/b/g, so far this has remained stable.

If I switch to 802.11 ax and 802.11 ac  I get the error message that I'm unable to obtain a valid IP address.

I have read a few forum posts about similar issues but nothing that matches mine exactly.

I have followed some basic troubleshooting steps such as resetting the router, restarted the PC several times, I've reinstalled my drivers with the latest intel drivers, I've done a clean install twice and I've also tried older drivers to see if there was some kind of compatability issue all to no avail.

I am not super familar with networking issues as I have been lucky to have not encountered many, however it seems to be that running on 802.11n means my internet is then slower than running at either of the two other modes and I have a package that offers up to 320 Mbps.

Having ran speed tests on other devices I can confirm that my PC is currently showing half the speed of my phone or other devices.

Appreciate any help I can get on this issue!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Zelvyr, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenaro, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Zelvyr, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Zelvyr, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos