Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

AX200 with only one antenna (Blueooth issues)

freedawifi
Beginner

Sadly my laptop only has a single antenna.  Should the antenna hooked up to to the main or aux jack? Asking as I noticed that while the wifi side works for the most part (can be sometimes slow to initially connect), the Bluetooth part is just about completely death. I assumed that the main jack would be the one to use, but I read something about Bluetooth being on the aux jack. Thought I would ask before dissembling the laptop a third time to try it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It should be connected to the Main pin (are the pin and connector even compatible? I would think not). Bluetooth will be useless unless you add another antenna wire yourself.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It should be connected to the Main pin (are the pin and connector even compatible? I would think not). Bluetooth will be useless unless you add another antenna wire yourself.

...S

0 Kudos
freedawifi
Beginner

Thanks for the solution. That's a bit annoying, but I'll take the much increased speed over the original 802.11n card that it replaced.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You can always purchase an antenna wire and add it to the laptop...

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @freedawifi

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We hope that the information provided by the community has been helpful to clarify your concern. Since the thread has been marked as "Solved" we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos