Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX201 / AX210 not working with WPA2 Enterprise Radius under Windows 10

FritzFantomas
Novice

Hi,

this thread is referenced to Intel WiFi6 AX201 160Mhz L3 Issues with RADIUS Authentication 

we are facing the problem that the below configurations are not able to fully connect to a WPA2 Enterprise (Radius) Wifi. The machines are connecting to the Wifi. I can see the DHCP requests on the controller of our APs but it is not getting a DHCP lease and also static IP does not help to work around this problem. On the management of the AP i can see the client but it shows up as not authenticated.

Still working on getting the correct OTA traces from the AP, this may take a while since i am not familiar with this.

The problem occurs with the following configurations:

Dell Latitude 7420

• Intel Wifi 6E AX201
  • Windows 10 64bit 21H1 Build 19044.1706
  • Intel Wifi driver version 22.130 (also tried all previous versions and all available Dell drivers without success)
  • Bios Version 1.16.2

Dell Precision 7760

• Intel Wifi 6E AX210
  • Windows 10 64bit 21H1 Build 19044.1706 and Windows 10 64bit 21H2 Build 19044.1706
  • Intel Wifi driver version 22.130 (also tried all previous versions and all available Dell drivers without success)
  • Bios Version 1.5.0

Wifi Details

• APs are Cisco AP1700 AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9
  • WPA2 AES 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
  • PMF Disabled
  • Radius Server is a Windows Server 2019

I can confirm that connecting to a Wifi with PSK or without protection seems to work without any issues.

Please let me know if you need any further information about our configuration.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Best regards

Labels (1)
9 Replies
FixItFelix
Novice

Same issue with Dell Latitude 5420, driver version as recent as version 22.140.0.3 for AX201 WIFI adapter.

Device is constantly reauthenticating (event id 12014) and it will randomly fail and lose connectivity until it's disconnected from the WIFI manually and reconnected.

wackou
Beginner

Hello,

we have the same exact issue on a HP ProBook 430 G8 with a AX201 WIFI adapter.

Symptoms:

1. User get randomly disconnected form the AP (Cisco 2702)
  2. A lot of DHCP renew on the DHCP server log

Environnment :

• AP are managed by a WLC
  • RADIUS on Windows Server 2019
  • DHCP on Windows Server 2019

We updated yesterday to the last version of the driver, 22.140.0.3, I still saw DHCP renew every 10 seconds, user didn't reach us for the moment ...

Please advice for a temporary fix.

0 Kudos
FritzFantomas
Novice
Hi,

i have an update with a hint to a probably solution for you guys.

It turned out that our virtual wireless controller and all of our AP‘s had an extremely outdated firmware. After running through the update path required by Cisco and installing 4 firmware updates on our WiFi controller, the problem seems to be gone after the access points fetched the new firmware from the controller and rebooted. At least we could connect the Notebooks successfully to the wifi and the connections seem to be stable in first tests. Tested driver versions are 22.130 and 22.140 on the on the Latitudes 7420.

I hope this helps anybody.

We will hand out the notebooks to our users within the next week and wait for their response.

Update for the Precision Notebook and the user responses will follow soon.

Cheers
0 Kudos
sysad42
Beginner

Also having this issue. Ax201 and newer adapters on various Dell models, connecting via Meraki APs, using a windows Radius server for auth. Older dell laptops work, newer ones 'cant connect to this network'. Can connect via PSK.

Using newest drivers. Any fix for this?

0 Kudos
DDiepenbrock
Beginner

I'd suggest you test to see if you're seeing significant data loss with your drivers, knowing that may give you a clue. See instructions for using iperf to test here:  https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Data-loss-with-Windows-Intel-drivers-for-ax201-and-ax210/m-p/1427190#M43899

0 Kudos
sysad42
Beginner

I except Intel would be able to test this better. Seems to be a lot of people with a lot of similar complaints.

Update though, getting newer APs seems to have helped in that users can now connect with credentials. However, computer auth still fails, but still only on newer intel wifi chips. Older ones still connect right up.

0 Kudos
DDiepenbrock
Beginner

Why is Intel having so many issues with these AX2** adapaters?   There's so many issues going back.  I get all sorts of data loss under light loads, frequent video calls drop.  Using new Ubiquiti access points.  Some older access points seem to be okay.  Other adapaters I have work just fine across the board.   And yet Intel customer support tells me it's a problem with the antenna.  Sheesh.

0 Kudos
CV-GED
Beginner

Hello,
any news?

We also have the problem with all Dell laptops (Latitude 9520, 7320, 5520, 5530; Windows10/11 & Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201) und Meraki APs (WPA2-Enterprise, 802.1x).

Regards,
CV

0 Kudos
sysad42
Beginner

We ended up stopping using radius since intel wouldnt fix this.

0 Kudos