Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

AX201 not working on Dell Optiplex

CoDim
Beginner

I have installed the AX201 board on a Dell Optiplex 7090.  Windows 10 detected it and both wifi and Bluetooth appear to be working properly according to Device Manager. When trying to connect to wifi networks there are none found! I have another desktop, a laptop and my mobile phone all located very close and they can all can find several wifi networks. The same with Bluetooth. When trying to add a new device (eg speaker) there is again nothing found although the same device is discovered by the other desktop, laptop and mobile phone.

I have tried several times to delete the drivers and install in turn drivers downloaded from Intel, Dell and Microsoft (older and newer) all installing successfully but with no success regarding finding wifi networks or BT devices. Device status always indicates that the device is working properly (no yellow triangle).

I have also updated the BIOS to the latest version and all other drivers suggested by Dell. The AX201 has never worked.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello @CoDim

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. From the information provided, this seems to be an issue with the wireless integration. By integrating a new wireless card into your system you could encounter manufacturers limitations, regulatory issues, or driver limitations. Only the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) is able to confirm if the wireless card will work properly with its system and provide the right installation instructions. 

Please contact Dell directly for installation instructions, customized drivers and confirm compatibility. More information:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you connect antennas to this card? They are required.

...S

0 Kudos
CoDim
Beginner

I did not install antennas. I thought that at least Bluetooth does not require them.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Seriously? No; it is required. Those BT dongles have an internal antenna; not so these cards.
...S
0 Kudos