Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Activating advanced adapter settings with Intel Proset Admin tool

PSada
Beginner

We are configuring advanced adapter settings to meet the wireless networking needs for our users in the office. The settings have been configured using the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT administrators.

We have created a package using the PROSet Admin tool and it successfully changes the advanced settings in the adapter. The issue here is the settings do not get activated until device manager is opened with Administrative rights and the clicking OK on the adapter properties window. I believe there are no values that we can set to activate the settings - just changing the settings is not helping us.

The users do not have administrative rights on their Windows 7 computers. How do we activate the settings when we apply this package on the computer. Wireless connectivity should disconnect when package is applied, but it doesn't. I haven't tried switching the wireless button ON/OFF. How do we achieve this for around 100 users without requiring them to manually activate the advanced settings.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello piyush2017,

We understand you're looking for a wireless profile deployment method that won't require each user to apply the settings manually.

Our recommendation in this case will be to perform a silent installation, which will allow you to deploy the latest driver and include your customized adapter settings.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005730.html Silent Installation of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers.

You may also find the following thread helpful:

- /thread/110162 How can I change the advanced settings for the wireless adapter for many users?

We hope this information helps. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello piyush2017,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

Has your issue been resolved? Please let us know if you need any more assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PSada
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the follow up. Can you help me one last time - how can I deploy this customized driver to all computers in my office? A regular SCCM push is what we tried and it failed. Are there any special consideration while deploying this driver to several machines? Any sequence to be followed on what must be installed first - the admin tool or the PROSet software?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello piyush2017,

You will only need the admin tool in the computer you're using to create the customized installer package.

Once you've created this package, you may modify the setup.xml file to customize which features are installed. Then, you should simply need to run the installer. This can be done via command line: [setup.exe -s] for a silent installation, or [setup.exe -passive] to run installer interface in basic mode with only progress bar, for example.

If this gives you any issues, please let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PSada
Beginner

Thank you for your help. It is working for me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello piyush2017,

That's great news, we're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

If you have any further issues or concerns, please let us know. We're always glad to help.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos