Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

BT5 Long Range and Extended Advertising

Matthias_V_Intel
Employee

Which Intel wireless network solutions support BT5 Long Range and Extended Advertising?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

MVysh, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, in the following link you will find the Intel® Wireless cards that support Bluetooth® 5:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=99446,125192,125193,99445,130293,189347

In the picture below you will see the specifications for the Bluetooth® 5 feature, it complies with the Bluetooth® 5 standards, you can confirm that information in the link above under the "Product Brief" section for each Intel® Wireless card:

di.PNG  

Just to confirm, could you please explain what are you referring to with "Extended Advertising"?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Matthias_V_Intel
Employee
I need a BT5 (transmitter) with the following features: 1. 2MBps (2x speed) mode 2. Coded Phy with Long Range Modes (such as 128kbps) 3. Advertising Extensions (sometimes also called Extended Advertising) which is a technique uses all 40 channels for advertising instead of just 3.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MVysh, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

In order to better assist you with this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details:

Is there any specific reason why you need an Intel® Wireless card with those features?

Are you a developer?

Are you working on a project?

If you do, what is the project about?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Matthias_V_Intel
Employee
Hi Alberto, I am looking for a BT module that is able to support the RemoteID requirements for Drones in the US and EU. Best Matthias
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi MVysh, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MVysh, I just received an update on this matter.

In reference to your question, the three requested features listed below are supported by the following Intel® Wireless adapters with declared Bluetooth 5.0 support:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=99446,125192,125193,99445,130293,189347

List of features requested:

2MBps (2x speed) mode

Coded Phy with Long Range Modes (such as 128kbps)

Advertising Extensions (sometimes also called Extended Advertising) which is a technique uses all 40 channels for advertising instead of just three."

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MVysh, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MVysh, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos