Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7655 Discussions

Bluetooth Keeps Disappearing

djkomic
Novice

Hello!

I have the Asus X571GT, and lately I've been having a lot of problems with the Bluetooth on my laptop.

I have a Logitech mouse connective via Bluetooth, but over the weekend the mouse lost connection with the computer. At first I thought it was the battery, but investigating the computer, I noticed the Bluetooth icon and drivers disappeared.

As if my computer could no longer see its own Bluetooth. Constant uninstalling and reinstalling before I installed the OEM Bluetooth driver instead of the actual intel driver. Mouse reconnected and it was fine. 
Then today, my mouse died again. I check the computer and again, computer can't find it's own Bluetooth. Restarted the computer and it recognizes it again.

My Bluetooth is up to date at Version: 22.220.1.1, and my Asus Bluetooth is the Realtek Bluetooth Driver Version V1.8.1037.3001. Both up to date as I'm downloading it straight from their website.

If I uninstall everything and reinstall the Intel Bluetooth, I'll have a stable connection from a few hours to a few days before the Bluetooth on my computer disappears.

If I uninstall everything and reinstall the OEM Asus Bluetooth, I'll have a stable connection from a few hours to a few days before the Bluetooth on my computer disappears.

Anybody have a permanent solution that doesn't involve doing a factory reset?
Thanks!

Labels (1)
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello djkomic,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one? 

2. Is the Wi-Fi working?  

3. What is the BIOS version installed?

4. What is the exact model of the mouse?

5. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?   

6. What is the brand and model name of your wireless adapter?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
djkomic
Novice

Hello!

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one? 

The laptop is an Asus x571GT, so I don't know which was the original adapter. I know it's an Intel, and just updated them whenever I was prompted to, but after talking with Asus customer service and Intel Customer service, I'm told to always go with the OEM bluetooth, which I assume was the Asus adapter.

2. Is the Wi-Fi working?  

I'm usually hardlined into into the modem with an ethernet cable. 

3. What is the BIOS version installed?

American Megatrends  Inc X571GT.312, 2022-05-03

4. What is the exact model of the mouse?

Logitech M650L

5. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?   

Windows 10 Home.  10.0.19045 Build 19045

6. What is the brand and model name of your wireless adapter?

I opened Device Manager > Network Adapters > Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz > Right Click Properties

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
Version: 22.220.0.4

For the Bluetooth
Intel Corporation
Driver Version: 22.30.0.4

Hopefully this info helped!

0 Kudos
djkomic
Novice

My Bluetooth just dropped/disappeared again.

So I clicked START > FIND AND FIX PROBLEMS WITH BLUETOOTH DEVICE, and ran the test.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but usually works.

bluetooth1.jpgbluetooth2.jpg

It seems like the Bluetooth itself turns itself off randomly and the test turns it back on (if successful)

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello djkomic, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Based on your response, if the issue with the Bluetooth persists try the following:

1. Try with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers from Asus:

2. Try a clean install of the Intel drivers (I recommend you to keep both updated):

3. Perform all the Windows updates, including the optional.

4. Update your BIOS version. You may need to contact Asus for instructions.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
djkomic
Novice

If it comes an issue again, I'll follow all your steps.

For the 'Try a clean install' in Step 2, what is the best way of uninstalling the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for the clean install to work?
Or going straight to the link without uninstalling anything going to work either way? 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello djkomic, 

Thanks for your response. To uninstall the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver I recommend you do it through the device manager:

1. Go to Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Network Adapters category.
  3. Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
  4. Make sure the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

Please follow these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

Based on your response, seems that the issue is fixed, do you agree to close this thread? Please let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
djkomic
Novice

I've always been  going into Device Manager and seeing the Bluetooth is missing.
So I have to go into VIEW > SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES and then the Bluetooth appears, and then I uninstall the Bluetooth driver before re-starting it. Sometimes a restart fixes it, sometimes a full shut-down fixes it, sometimes it doesn't.

I'll try your step 1-4 for the  Intel Wireless Adapter and then a restart and hopefully that fixes it.

However, I did notice that the thing that might be causing it is everytime my Bluetooth is missing, under Device Manager > USB Controllers, is a driver labeled "Unknown USB device descriptor request failed".
If the Bluetooth IS working, that Unknown isn't there. The second my bluetooth disappears, "Unknown USB device descriptor request failed" suddenly appears.

Have a better idea what this issue is and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello djkomic, 

Thanks for your response. In this case, if you have performed the clean install of the drivers, updated your BIOS, and updates your operating system (including the optional updates), I recommend you to get in contact with Asus to confirm if there is any malfunction with the laptop.

Asus may need to install their customized driver and run the test needed to diagnose their unit.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos