Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Bluetooth Missing

farras
Novice

my bluetooth is missing for almost 4 years now.  The only workaround was when i reinstall my windows again then downloaded the intel bluetooth driver manually from the website but the problem keeps repeating right after i installed the Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi package drivers 23.60.1 for the Intel® Wi-Fi 7/Wi-Fi 6E/Wi-Fi 6 and Intel® 9000 series Wireless Adapters and/or the windows update, i'll give a screenshot of the windows update history 

i've been repeating to reinstall my windows and prevent the updates but the windows update keep on updating resulting in missing bluetooth over and over again. please help ASAP Intel, since i rely on bluetooth a lot

here I attached the screenshot and Intel SSU Report for what i think are the needed for informations

farras_0-1720306371500.pngfarras_1-1720306397214.png

farras_2-1720306416889.png

farras_3-1720306426324.png

farras_4-1720306434408.pngfarras_5-1720306534074.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, farras.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

How soon after reinstalling Windows and manually downloading the Intel Bluetooth driver does the Bluetooth functionality disappear again? You mentioned encountering the same issue repeatedly after installing the Windows 10 and Windows 11 Wi-Fi package drivers. Could you specify which exact version of the Intel Bluetooth driver you installed? Additionally, have you tried using the Bluetooth driver provided by your system manufacturer? Because based on the SSU logs you've shared, I've noticed that you are using an OEM device. Please note that our support may be limited as we may not be familiar with all the specific technologies, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that your OEM has integrated into your system. Nonetheless, I will do my best to assist you with resolving your concern.

Moreover, I noticed a yellow bang in your Device Manager. Could you please check what error code is displayed when you open it?

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
farras
Novice
  1. when I reinstall my windows (or downgrade) then i immediately update/download the bluetooth driver using the Intel DSA and it shows in the taskbar then whether I restart my laptop (without updating other drivers through Intel DSA or Windows Update) or even when i didn't restart but update the other driver, the bluetooth went missing right after that
  2. the bluetooth driver i installed was the 23.60.0 version through Intel NDA or the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Drivers for Windows® 10 and Windows 11*
  3. Yes, I have used the drivers provided by my laptop manufacturer but no, the problem didn't go away and the Bluetooth driver was still missing
  4. it's code 43farras_4-1720715529829.pngfarras_6-1720715569182.png

5. is there any possibility that any of the drivers is interfering with the Bluetooth device? if yes, is any way to identify which driver so it could be rolled-back to the OEM version of it so it doesn't interfere anymore
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, farras.

There could be a driver conflict causing the Bluetooth device to disappear after updates. I'd like to know if you're using a Bluetooth USB dongle. If so, it may be interfering with your Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560. If you have this Bluetooth USB dongle, I suggest temporarily unplugging it to see if the issue persists.

Additionally, the Code 43 error is a temporary issue that occurs when the Device Manager cannot start a hardware device. However, it is a general error message indicating an unspecified problem. Therefore, there may be an issue with the USB device plugged into your system, as indicated by the Device Manager detecting it. Are there any USB devices currently attached to your system? This information will assist us in identifying any potential conflicts with connected devices.

Just to share with you, we have our support link where you can find all of the troubleshooting steps that we’re going to perform to fix Error code: 43. To make it easier for you, here’s our support link: Codes 10, 22, 28, 31, 43 or 45 Errors in Device Manager for Bluetooth® or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Devices

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
farras
Novice
  1. No, I have never use any external/additional Bluetooth USB Dongle since my laptop has its own built-in bluetooth adapter along with the wireless adapter (from what i've read from multiple intel community discussion sources with the same problem as mine)
  2.  No, currently there aren't any USB devices attached and i've tried troubleshooting steps (e.g. uninstalling/rolling back drivers, updating, restarting) except contacting the OEM since i've tried reinstalling all of my laptop's original drivers from their website and it doesn't change much

I'd really like any suggestions and help (if any) regarding:

• how to identify which drivers that are interfering and needs to be rolledback
  • other recent experience same as mine (same/different device/manufacturer)
  • what causes the problem though I assumed and you've said it was because something is interfering and overlapping the Bluetooth device drivers

and thanks for the help so far

0 Kudos