Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7813 Discussions

Bluetooth sound device detected but no sound output

T_Matsuura
Beginner

How to reproduce:

1. Update the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver to 23.40.2.

2. Connect Bluetooth sound devices to PC.

Actual result:

Bluetooth sound devices are connected to the PC but no sound is output.

Expected result:

Bluetooth sound devices are connected to the PC and sound is output.

Additional Information:

If the driver is downgraded to 23.30.0.3, this issue does not occur.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, T_Matsuura.

Thank you for posting in our Community for providing the reproduction steps, and details about the issue.

We appreciate the additional information you provided, including the OS version and the fact that the issue doesn't occur with driver version 23.30.0.3. While having information about your Windows operating system and wireless driver version is helpful, it would be beneficial to have more details about your system configuration. Could you please run the Intel SSU report and share the results with me? This will enable me to verify details such as the OS build, driver version, system-level errors logged, and more. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, T_Matsuura.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
T_Matsuura
Beginner

Output of Intel SSU report.

The installed driver version for Intel Wireless Bluetooth is 23.50.0.2.

0 Kudos
T_Matsuura
Beginner

Connection between Windows PC and sound device is successful.

Sound is available for about first 3 seconds after the connection and then not available.
The connection is kept even if the sound is stopped.

Today I have tested again and found that the sound is restored after a short stop (about 1 sec).
This is the different result from before.

This suggests that the Bluetooth driver is fine and that the initial sound driver selection failed and the driver is being changed.

0 Kudos