Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Centrino Wireless-N 1030: wi-fi works, but Bluetooth is not detected!

MCorb1
Beginner

Hi,

I installed a "Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030" on my notebook "Acer E5-571-54MC". The board was automatically recognized by Windows 10, the wireless worked perfectly, but Bluetooth is not recognized, i downloaded the latest version of the drive and Bluetooth kept undetected. I researched about the problem and i found some reports the board appear as usb, but did not identify anything. This wireless board has some kind of incompatibility? Does anyone know how to solve?

Thanks, Márcio.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

MarcioCorbolan,

Intel does not support integrations. It may be the the wireless card installed is not fully supported by your system and our recommendation would be for you contact your computer manufacturer and check if they have any support or updates for this new wireless card installed in this system. Check this link for further information on integration: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

TJohn10
Beginner

Hi all, I have a HP Pavilion DM4 laptop with an intel wireless N 1030 card. A while back, the wifi stopped working. In short, all indications in device manager and elsewhere were normal, it was just that the wifi and bluetooth could not be turned on. I ended up rolling back the bios from F.0C to F.0B, which didn't fix things, but then reinstalled the current F.0C bios software, and everything now works fine. So the hardware was all serviceable, it was just the logic that wasn't telling it to turn on, from what I can see, hope that is of some help.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Johno4507,

Thanks for sharing what worked for you. We are sure it might help other users out there.

0 Kudos