Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Compatibility of Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 under Win-10?

athan
Beginner

We are using this module in different platforms of Intel-CPU based motherboards without problems but recently found errors with one of the “Intel_Haswell-ULT” platform motherboards under Windows-10_64bit which is freeze/hangs.

Our RD found a work around solution to fix this freeze/hang issue but another problems as “WiFi functions are not working”.

Could you help for this perhaps I can provide more details if required.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello athan,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

In order to have further details about your system and the different behaviors that you are experiencing with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, please reply to the following questions:

1. What was the workaround steps that you have taken to resolve the freezing issue?
  2. Were you able to find the root of the freezing issue? Could you please provide me more details?
  3. What does RD stand for?
  4. Under what circumstances you get the error “WiFi functions are not working”? For example: While trying to connect the computer to the network? Or while running a troubleshooter?

1. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 
  2. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 
  3. Please attach the document to the next post. 

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello athan

Have you collected the information requested?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
athan
Beginner

Hi Abi,

We add coupling capacitors for PCIe signal and able to pass windows withour bsod or hang on issue.

We doubt PCIe signla for MINI_PCIe is correctly configured (RD stands for "Research and Development" engineer.

We couldn't found this WIFI module under 'Device manager".

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello athan,

Thank you for the response and the information provided.

I would like to know if besides the changes that you have performed in the system, did the wireless adapter came pre-installed on the system or you installed it after purchasing the motherboard?

Could you please provide me with the model of your laptop? If it is a desktop, could you please provide me with the model of the motherboard?

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello athan

Have you been able to collect the details requested?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
athan
Beginner

Hi LeoC,

Is it possible or you have any drivers are able to control about “ASPM” from this “Mini PCIe module” side?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello athan

In reference to the drivers for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, you can refer to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260.

Looking into the information shared for this behavior/issue I see that you are completing an integrations/customization with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 in this case we recommend referring to the Intel® Resource & Design Center (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html) and the Intel® developer Zone (https://software.intel.com/en-us/home).

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos