Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7870 Discussions

Connection problems with Wi-Fi adapter "Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201".

Maresa
Beginner

Greetings to all,
I am Maresa and ask you for help with a connection problem with the Wi-Fi adaptor "Intel Wi-Fi Card 6 AX201".
I reinstalled my copy of Windows 10, but despite using the software to install the original drivers contained in the DVD on the motherboard, Windows 10 does not recognize the adapter and in Device Manager it places it at the top in the "Other device" section.
I perform the manual update by searching for drivers through the Windows 10 procedure and the installation is successful.
Windows sees my Wi-Fi (hotspot of my Android smartphone), I try to connect, enter my password and connect to my smartphone, but it doesn’t connect to the Internet for some unidentified proxy issues.
- The Wi-Fi adapter is integrated into the MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 WIFI motherboard.
- The drivers are from the motherboard manufacturer.
- I tried to connect to another hotspot (my partner’s Android smartphone): same problem.
- The version of Windows 10 is not updated, it is a clean and licensed version.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Maresa, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Yes, that is, actually, what it is recommended, to install with a licensed version of Windows* and then update it to version 22H2, that will be a good thing to do.

No problem at all, take your time, once you get the chance, please provide the SSU report and we will be more than glad to further asist you with this scenario.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Maresa, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Did you build it?

Was this specific machine working fine before without showing the wireless connection problem that you are describing?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

You mentioned the wireless card is integrated on the board, just to make sure, did it come integrated or you integrated it into the machine?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Maresa
Beginner

Hi Albert,

Thanks for picking up.

I come to your questions:

1. Is this a new computer?

R: Yes.

2. Did you build it?

R: Yes. I assembled it a week ago.

3. Was this specific machine working fine before without showing the wireless connection problem that you are describing?

R: It’s the first start and first install.

4. Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

R: No, it's the first start.

5. You mentioned the wireless card is integrated on the board, just to make sure, did it come integrated or you integrated it into the machine?

R: Motherboard (MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 WIFI) has built-in Wi-Fi.

6. Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

R: My home.

I’ll run the diagnostic program when I get home next week.
So I can send you the SSU report.

Further information:
I have two SSD M.2 NVMe: on the first SSD I installed Linux and the Wi-Fi works well; on the second SSD, first time, I installed Windows 10, 22H2 version (unlicensed, packaged with MediaCreationTool22H2.exe) and Wi-Fi worked on the first use.
Then, second time, I installed a dated version of Windows 10 (but licensed). Wi-Fi doesn’t work with this version.

My intention is to start with the licensed version and update it to version 22H2.

Thanks.

Bye.

0 Kudos
Maresa
Beginner

Hi Alberto,
I did just that!
I updated my version to the latest 22H2 version and everything worked.
Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Maresa, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Yes, that is, actually, what it is recommended, to install with a licensed version of Windows* and then update it to version 22H2, that will be a good thing to do.

No problem at all, take your time, once you get the chance, please provide the SSU report and we will be more than glad to further asist you with this scenario.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Maresa, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to know that after updating the version to the latest one, 22H2, the wireless connection problem got fixed and now the computer is working properly.

Thank you also for sharing the solution as well, we are sure it will be very helpful and useful for all the peers looking at this conversation.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos