Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

DSA driver update loop w/ Wi-Fi 6 AX200

Katmeat
Beginner

I have been trying to use the DSA to update the firmware on my AX 200 from 21.90.3.5 to the new 21.120.2, and the DSA loops on me. When I select install, it goes through the install process and comes out saying that the installation was successful, but that is not the case. Then the DSA re-scans my system and once again shows a need to install the update.  I have tried rebooting the computer, turning off Wi-Fi, and downloading and installing the firmware separately and trying to install it as an exe, but the update continuously fails, even though I receive the message that "Installation has been completed successfully." 

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Katmeat
Beginner

I managed to successfully update the driver by removing the device through Device Manager including driver.  Then I rebooted and the AX-200 with updated driver installed automatically.

I still wonder why the DSA and Software Installer kept showing a successful install,when that was not the case.

0 Kudos
Bradden
Beginner

I'm glad it's not just me with this issue.. uninstalling doesn't fix it for me.

I think there may be a clash with windows update and intel dsa.

0 Kudos
Katmeat
Beginner

When you went to uninstall the AX200 network adapter through Device Manager, were you sure to select the option box to also delete the driver software?  That is what fixed it for me.

0 Kudos
Bradden
Beginner

Managed to fix eventually.. removed device.. rebooted.. removed again and then installed the latest driver and it's working now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Bradden
Beginner

Darn... it's back again. I think it's related to windows update installing this.

Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.10.100.2

It's the only thing that changed since rebooting.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Katmeat, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem with the Intel® DSA not installing the Wireless driver persists and if you still need assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Katmeat
Beginner

Dear Albert:

Everything is working perfectly now, thank you so much!

I appreciate your splendid service.

0 Kudos
Bradden
Beginner

It's also working for me, but only once I disabled windows update from updating drivers. I think the windows catalogue has the older driver which it installs over the new one from DSA - causing an error. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Katmeat, Bradden, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear the there are no more problems with the Intel® DSA and now it is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos