Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7443 Discussions

Default gateway ping high - Please help!

TThom24
Beginner

I have a cable modem router C7000-100NAS.

I can't seem to figure out why when I ping the default gateway(192.168.0.1) I get high pings ranging from 8ms to 500 ms, this is NEVER below 2ms as it should be. I've even tried to connect using wired connection but still couldn't get something like as low as <4. I've tried disconnecting everything else, restarting/resetting the router.

Does it have anything to do with the cable/router being two in one?

This greatly effects my gaming ping as well as streaming to my Nvidia Shield.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
TThom24, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card? What is the model of the motherboard? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Was it working fine before? The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer? When did the issue start? Which Windows* version are you using? Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly? Does the problem happen at home or work environment? Do you have the option to test a different router? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
TThom24, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee
Hello TThom24, We haven't heard back from you. Please contact us if you have additional questions. Oscar A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos