Wireless
Issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
5656 Discussions

Dell Inspiron 7559 Terrible on and Off Internet. + Showing All internet connects as One bars. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

DWils28
Beginner

At the time i'm even making this I barely can even stay connected to the internet for less than 2 minutes anymore. before I was able to stay connected to the internet all day for Multiple hours. I was able to play games with 11 or less ping. Then I noticed the internet start dying. I brought this laptop with me on a Trip to Virginia and connected to my Friend's wifi and was reaching 4 Bars with great ping. when I Arrived back home my internet was still good until a good 4 days after Coming back home. The internet would Soar from 1 bar to 2 bar Back and forth. IF i'm lucky it sometimes will stay at 4. note I was never connected to Ethernet at this time. I was PURELY using the Wireless chip. and it was perfect. also there is times where I Goto certain rooms in my house (Upstairs) it works perfectly fine. then when I go Downstairs the internet goes back to being Terrible. ALSO when I stay downstairs the Internet is Perfect when I go upstairs the internet is back to being Terrible. basically it Keeps going on and Off. perfect to not perfect. I never messed with the Chip inside of this Computer. so I highly doubt that it has something to do with the Internet chip

I've tried Power mode

I've even tried not overclocking my CPU And GPU

This is So Unacceptable for a Laptop that I Depend on. and I work online so i'm ultimately unable to do work (This even REJECTS Ethernet cables so this computer REFUSES To stay connected to internet) I Restarted + Deleted all my files more than 4 Times.

My Computer Specifications are Here.

GPU - GTX 960m

CPU - Intel Core i5 6300H 2.30Ghz

Network Chip - Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

(LATEST DRIVERS INSTALLED)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What version of Windows 10 are you using? 1903?

From what you have described, you have a signal strength issue with your wireless router. Has it been moved lately, or it could be failing.

Doc

pthom5
Beginner

"netsh wlan show int" from a cmd prompt when you're in a good spot vs a bad spot should reveal if there is really a signal issue, no need to guess.