Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Drivers for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Card?

SSyno
Novice

Just put a new system together and installed an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 in it. Used Windows 8 Pro. x64. I cannot find drivers for the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Anyone know where I can get drivers for this card? I purchased the card from Provantage.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Synomenon,

The drivers will be released soon; this is because the product has not been officially released yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
183 Replies
DElli7
Beginner

The software works, but the Device Manager is not able to find the Bluetooth hardware. It finds the Network Device, just fine, but no Bluetooth.

Can anyone give me a step-by-step instruction to manually locate the driver to activate the integrated Bluetooth device within the card?

0 Kudos
BBrad4
Novice

When I tried to use the Intel drivers on Win7, Bluetooth is the only thing that worked and installed. The device manager found the hardware and did what it's supposed to do.

Perhaps Intel mixed up the driver build by providing the AC 7260 driver for Win8 and the Bluetooth for Win7. Whatever Intel needs drivers for both Win7 and Win8 that work.

0 Kudos
DElli7
Beginner

I attempted to load both a Win 7 & Win 8 Bluetooth driver for the AC7260 and unfortunately...nothing. At least the Wi-Fi portion of the AC7260 is working.

Has anyone been able to solve the Bluetooth issue for the AC7260 in Win 8 Pro x64? I'd hate to buy a USB nano Bluetooth adapter until a resolution has been found.

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
BHart4
Novice

Sager Notebooks has posted a new Windows 7 and Windows 8 driver(both are same driver) for the AC-7260.The driver version is 16.1.0.14

http://www2.sagernotebook.com/pages/notebooks/download.cfm?ProductType=9380 http://www2.sagernotebook.com/pages/notebooks/download.cfm?ProductType=9380

The driver works on 3 different notebooks that I tried it on>MSI,LG,Samsung

The driver supports both 32bit and 64bit versions of XP,Vista,W7,W8 and Windows 8.1 Preview.

0 Kudos
LT1
Novice

In Re: Bluetooth for Windows 8 -- my AC7260 card loaded Intel (and Microsoft's) driver just fine, in both Win 7 and Win 8. Perhaps your laptop has BT switched off? My Acer laptop lets you enable Bluetooth separate from WiFi via the Fn key... just a thought.

0 Kudos
LT1
Novice

@ SmogHog -- thanks for chiming in with that. You are correct, that file does include Win7 and Win8 drivers for x32/x64. Heck, it even includes XP x32 and x64 drivers. Intel does in fact deliver.... even if they took a while. Brand-spanking new, too.. The date on the *.sys driver files is July 11, 2013.

0 Kudos
NV3
Beginner

does anyone else find it ridiculous that we have to rely on a computer manufacturer to release a driver before intel?

0 Kudos
ROwen2
New Contributor I

Ridiculous that Linux drivers are out before Windows 7... Although I use Linux A LOT more then Windows I still need Wireless to work in Windows...

Working on my HP DV6T-7000 with Windows 7 HP 64bit. Bluetooth works out of the box...

Now I wonder why the connection speed in Windows is faster then in Linux...

From 295 Mb/s to 120 MB/s...

0 Kudos
BBrad4
Novice

Works great for both ac wireless and bluetooth on the Dell XPS with Win7. You'd think Intel would make them available for download.

0 Kudos
jlort1
Beginner

Installed this card in two Dell XPS 12s, neither has Bluetooth now. I have no toggles to turn BT on and off. Wifi works. Reinstall the 6235, BT is back. Any ideas? BT doesn't show in device manager with the ac 7260.

0 Kudos
DQuir1
Beginner

I am starting to think a couple of things about intel not releasing drivers for these cards.. and us finding drivers from sites like sager and clevo..

1. ether these cards are bad,,,

or

2, the drivers are bad and these cards were released well ahead of scheadule..

I have an Alienware m18x-r2 and it has the killer 1103 in it and with my asus rt-ac66r(wich is the same as the 66u)

i get a steady 450MB connection with file transfers at and exceeding 40MB/sec

With my ac7260 card i dont get any where near that speed..it is all over the board... never holds a continuous speed..

have i seen the higher speeds that are advertised for this card.. sure i have... but it will not hold them and upon any activity it drops... so i.e. it will go say 720mb/sec .. then i start some thing it will drop to 150..200... 350...300...195...139... and so forth.. but at idle right now it sits at 300mb/sec

I am disapointed that these forums and message boards are never really responded to by intel employies...

well please intel,drop us some words of wisdom about this issue please.. and some drivers! that work properly!

0 Kudos
PSmit14
Novice

I am pretty much in the same boat but with an Acer with Win 7. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 7 ways from Sunday with no luck(or Bluetooth). But if I plug in a Bluetooth dongle, not a problem.

0 Kudos
PSmit14
Novice

I'm having issues with my Acer, the computer kind of just stops working, the 2.4Ghz WiFi drops and then comes back and then everything starts working again.

I'm about ready to put my 6200 back in. The range on these 7260's don't seem to be all that great, with the old card I could cover the whole house on 5Ghz at 300Mbps, with these 7260's I'm lucky to get half that speed.

0 Kudos
BBrad4
Novice

The sager Win7 drivers works fine on my 1702 XPS and my speed is at a consistent 866.7. The only thing I did differently was that I tried to install the Win8 drivers found on the intel site. The only thing that worked with the Win8 drivers was the bluetooth. I didn't pay too much attention during the sager driver install but both the wireless and bluetooth work fine. It might be worth a try to get the bluetooth working.

0 Kudos
jlort1
Beginner

Bluetooth DOESNT show in Device manager. Nothing, not even unknown device.

0 Kudos
ROwen2
New Contributor I

Perhaps you got a bad card?

If you have devcon installed you can get some more detailed information:

devcon listclass net

0 Kudos
jlort1
Beginner

Maybe a bad lot. I purchased 2, neither showed bt. Wifi signal bounced all over the place. Both laptops are Dell XPS 12s, ivy bridge i5s. Using win8 64 bit intel drivers.

0 Kudos
ROwen2
New Contributor I

Sorry to hear that. I got mine from Amazon. Bluetooth and wireless seem to work on both win 7 and Diamond II-B. But, like what has been stated before, I cannot get speed past 300 Mb/s. Linux is stuck at 150 Mb/s. Hate that..

I would take a look at the devcon output. Just to check.

0 Kudos
wface
Beginner

I got mine from compsource. No issues that I know of with it. I don't use and have bluetooth disabled on my laptop so I can't say if it works or not. I would tend to think you're right about a bad lot. This being new, it's entirely possible Intel hasn't worked out all the manufacturing kinks yet.

0 Kudos
jlort1
Beginner

Do you show Bluetooth in device manager?

0 Kudos
wface
Beginner

I'm using Debian Linux so don't have Device Manager. However, I'll put the card back in and check to see if Bluetooth works.

0 Kudos