Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Drivers for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Card?

SSyno
Novice

Just put a new system together and installed an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 in it. Used Windows 8 Pro. x64. I cannot find drivers for the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Anyone know where I can get drivers for this card? I purchased the card from Provantage.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Synomenon,

The drivers will be released soon; this is because the product has not been officially released yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
183 Replies
wface
Beginner

Jerry32907 wrote:

I was showing the connection of 866 to 400. R6300 router 7 feet away, signal would drop to two bars. I don't know if I got 4 bad cards or it's a POS in general.

Faulty chipset designs are not unheard of. Refer to the first release of the Sandybridge i7's and their swift murder of SATA III controllers. That sort of thing is usually caught right away and recalled. I would say the issue is likely with your Dells (again cheap parts). Could be something as simple as a cheap or poorly placed antenna. Or it could be a buggy PCI driver.

I second having a look at the router's settings. Perhaps an update of it's firmware would not be amiss as well. 5 GHz technology is still quite new. My own router has had numerous chipset driver revisions because of that. Speaking of firmware, getting the latest BIOS for your laptops may not be a bad idea either.

0 Kudos
jlort1
Beginner

In Dells defense, I've never had a problem with the many xps laptops ive owned. My problem with the AC card is that Bluetooth doesn't show up in device meager. Im almost certain its a bios issue, Tech told me its not whitelisted. Intel driver scan doesn't recognize the card either. Wifi works but signal drops bad with one wall, this doesn't happen with the 6235. Router is up to date as far as firmware goes. The 4th gen XPS 12s come with the ac7260 from the factory. I tried that bios but it wouldn't update. Ive gotten the same results with 4 different cards and two xps12s. Even with the 6235, in still connected fasted than my IPS (33 mbps). Ill just have to wait and see I guess.

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Using a 144 Mbps 2.4 GHz only router here and never had connection drops and 5/5 bars at around 30 ft away (pass through 2 walls) since purchase. I also have around 25 routers in range from my neighbors and have minimal interference. Check your router settings.

0 Kudos
BBeye
Beginner

Bill Beyer wrote:

I'm running this card on Windows 8 with the 16.1.0.14 driver installed. The card seems to be intermittently dropping my connection (connected to a g/n router at the moment). Has anybody else experienced this issue, is it a driver instability at the moment?

Thanks!

Just an update on this, I seem to be able to stay connected to my router when it's running an n-only network, but not when running in a g/n compatibility mode. I don't have this issue with another computer running a 6235 card from Intel.

0 Kudos
DMylr
Beginner

Installed 16.1.1.3 this morning on Windows 8 x64. Had problems with previous "official" Intel drivers causing BT signal to just drop. I have been trying to get a BT mouse (tried multiple, different BT mice) to work for more than 15 minutes. All of the sudden, the mouse would just stop working. I reverted to the Intel 6235 and BT was working fine.

Today, the 16.1.1.3 looked promising with comments here stating BT was working. BUT, within a few minutes of using the new drivers with a 7260AC adapter, the mouse stopped working after a few minutes. If I go into Windows 8 devices (choose show/add BT devices from the systray icon) sometimes the mouse will start working again but not always.

The only thing I have done with regards to the driver settings was to set the 2.4Ghz bandwidth to AUTO (instead of 20Mhz). Would that interfere with BT? I put it back to 20Mhz and will see. What about the BT AMP setting? I'm just using mice, so I could disable that if anyone thinks that setting could be causing issues.

BT shouldn't be this hard!

0 Kudos
CNee
Beginner

I'm having the same exact problem with bluetooth but except with a keyboard instead of a mouse. It disconnects every few minutes and it takes a while to reconnect. It's pretty annoying .

Does anyone have a solution to this?

0 Kudos
ROwen2
New Contributor I

I cannot connect to bluetooth devices at all in Windows 7. In Linux I can connect to my phone, and do nothing, and windows I cannot connect or detect anything. I got a bluetooth mouse just for my laptop, it seems I wasted my money.

And now in Device manager, a USB device is listed as not working.

0 Kudos
CNee
Beginner

Anyone get bluetooth working perfectly? i'm not sure if mine is defective or not...

0 Kudos
BFerc1
Beginner

Bluetooth working great since installing 16.1.3.1 Both Bluetooth and 5g are working great. AC speeds @ 866.7 don't use 2.4g so cannot comment on it.

0 Kudos
ROwen2
New Contributor I

Windows cannot connect to anything Bluetooth. My phone detects it but when i try to connect I get a Passcode Missmatch. With Linux I can connect my phone. Neither system detects my mouse,

http://www.tmart.com/Black-BT09-Bluetooth-Wireless-Mouse_p105020.html BT09 Bluetooth Wireless Optical Mouse Black - Tmart.com

On the other hand, I am getting speeds of 520 MBps.

Edit: Sometimes I get speeds of 836 MBps. Or 433...depending on how many other devices are on the network.

0 Kudos
KWarb
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 with Integrated Bluetooth installed in an Acer 3830T win7 PC.

Driver is 16.6.0.8 . WiFi is working great on AC 5g, fast and stabile, but I have no BT. Do I have to install a separate BT driver, or is it supposed to be included with the 16.6.0.8 driver? (After all, the driver is for the 7260 wifi/BT combo card..) No BT show up as installed in DeviceManager.

So I tried to install the BT_3.1.1311_s64 driver as well, but the PC went super slow with fading windows in slow motion. System seems OK again when I uninstalled the afore mentioned BT driver.

Help appreciated!

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Kiowa, this thread deals with a different topic; however, the issue that you have seems to be related to compatibility. The driver you installed is correct but you may need to check with the system manufacturer about the wireless adapter models validated for your system.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-011644.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-031167.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Why doesn't my laptop recognize my new Intel� wireless adapter?

0 Kudos
AGran5
Beginner

I have two R6300 routers from Netgear. So far so good. The intel wifi card is working well. I want to try the newest drives but running win 8.1

anyway to overcome the OS check? The MS compatibility option will not work

0 Kudos
BFerc1
Beginner

After many days of losing 5g and random blue-tooth disconnects. I un-installed / deleted the latest drivers and Intel utility. I then rebooted and the pc recognized the Ac 7260 I then manually picked the driver from the win 7 folder /64. I am back on 16.1.0.14 and seems to be very stable so far.

0 Kudos
BFerc1
Beginner

Back using 16.1.1.3 and all is good.
0 Kudos
JBurw
Beginner

Yay. It works!

I put the 7260AC back into the laptop and I'm getting much better speeds than my old 6205. Around 350-500mbits/s to my AC router.

Stable so far (about an hour). Hopefully it'll stay that way.

0 Kudos
wface
Beginner

FYI for the Linux users here. Both the wireless and bluetooth firmware are now in the firmware-iwlfiwi package. It shouldn't be much longer until compiling kernel from source becomes unnecessary.

0 Kudos
ROwen2
New Contributor I

But it is so much fun to compile from source!!!

0 Kudos
wface
Beginner

ryanvade wrote:

But it is so much fun to compile from source!!!

0 Kudos
NGuir
Beginner

The wifi part of the card works well in my Dell E6220 (2nd gen i5) in Windows & using the latest Intel drivers. The Bluetoooth part works with mice using the standard Windows drivers, but I can't connect headphones and speakers. "Hands free" has has an exclamation point in device manager

0 Kudos