Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 disconnecting and reconnecting frequently

MMasr
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using Gigabyte AERO 15 2017 model that are using Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 and running Windows 10. Driver version currently is 20.70.5.2. The problem I'm currently facing is the WIFI seems to disconnect itself after a few minutes of use sometimes after a few seconds of use and reconnects again, then it just repeats over and over. I've tried restarting the router, modem, laptop, network reset, update driver and many other ways and tips from the people that experience the same problem but it doesn't go away. There are times that it didn't disconnect, so I tried opening my games and it happens again. Basically I can't even open games or apps that uses internet, even typing this question I have to wait till it connects again before I can submit. Sorry, English is not my first language, excuse me for mistakes.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Acom0
Beginner

you can try to uninstall the device from the system and Restart. It will automatically pickup the correct driver for the system.

right click on "This PC" -> manage -> device driver

find the wifi & uninstall the device and then restartScreenshot (351).png

0 Kudos
MMasr
Beginner

Sorry for my late reply man, I've been busy with my school. I've tried it but still didn't fix it. The WIFI still suddenly disconnected with the star like logo on the WIFI and then a red sign with white " x " popped up before reconnecting to WIFI

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MMasr, Thank you for posting on this Community. The behavior described could be caused the operating system or a driver conflict. We would like to gather more information to determine a possible cause. A. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. B. Did the Intel® Wireless adapter came preinstalled on your computer? C. Do other devices show the same behavior? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MMasr
Beginner

B. Yes

C. No, only my laptop is having this problem. Other device such as phones, tablets, other laptops and computers are fine

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MMasr, Thank you for attaching the report requested. Is this your computer model? https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AERO-15--i7-7700HQ#support-dl-driver-wlan Even though you have updated the wireless driver, you can try performing a clean installation of the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver to make sure there are no driver conflict with older versions. We recommend following these steps: A. Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html B. When experiencing connectivity issues, it is important to install all operating system updates available. Please go to Windows Updates, scan and apply all of them. C. If the issue persists, try installing the latest generic driver for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. Here you can use the steps to do a clean installation of the wireless driver, too. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28623/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=94150 Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MMasr
Beginner

I am so sorry for my late reply, very busy with school. I've tried option A which is clean installation. Still the same thing happened, it got disconnected and reconnects but now from what I tested, it looks like it only happens when I play games now. But still not quite sure if it only happens when playing games, I need to spend more time on other apps and see if it happens again. So now I suddenly got a windows update and I'll see how that goes. Thank You for sticking around

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MMasr, As soon as you have any update about this, please let us know. We will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MMasr
Beginner

Hi, nothing change. I can browse web without it keep disconnecting but, it happens again when I play games or playing spotify. I've done clean installation and all available windows update but still it happens. After so many time it disconnected and reconnects, suddenly wifi just doesn't show up in the taskbar and in the settings. i checked Device Manager and it showed me this. I had to restart my laptop to get it working again

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MMasr, Thank you for your response. Since you are getting an error code 10, we recommend following these steps: 1. Did you try performing a clean install with both OEM and Intel drivers? 2. Perform a hard shutdown (e.g. Force the shut down by interruption of power through the power button) 3. Then, load BIOS default values. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MMasr
Beginner
  1. yup, I did. I tried the OEM first but it says "Installation Blocked". Then I tried the Intel drivers, it installed but still the same problem.
  2. Yes, I did. Just like I said everything goes back to normal if I restart or turn off and turn it back on but the problem persist.
  3. load BIOS? how is that? I know how to get to the BIOS but I don't see anything about valuesIntel® PROSet_Wireless Software Setup 4_13_2019 8_37_31 AM.png
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MMasr, I was not able to find any documentation to see how to reset BIOS settings to default values in your computer. We recommend checking your computer guide and documentation or contact your computer manufacturer for instructions since this procedure may vary. After resetting BIOS settings to default, try installing the latest OEM driver one more time. Please let us know if the issue persists. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MMasr, Were you able to reset your BIOS settings to default values and try installing the latest OEM drivers? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MMasr, If you are still having connectivity issues and receiving this error message, you can also try installing the Intel PROset/Wireless software and drivers for IT Admins. Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000017246/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html If the issue persists, please contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for further support and warranty options. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Michael_Guy
Beginner

Hello,

Before reading this, I'm no expert and do not claim any responsibility for anything that happens to your pc, this is based on my experience only and as far as I know only applies to Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.

I've had the same exact issue until now, I've tried everything above, yet nothing seemed to work. I also kept getting blue screens, which made me think the issue was a hardware one.

Then, before one of the blue screens occurred, while having device manager open, I noticed that the diver shown in the image attached gave me an error. I disabled that and later checked that since the Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 has been discontinued the provided software is incompatible. Source: your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000046918/wireless.html

TLDR. Disable > Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software < since it's incompatible with Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.

See the attached image, sorry for the italian software names.

That seems to have resolved my issue so maybe try it yourself.

Best regards, 

Michael Guy

0 Kudos