Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

HELP!! Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

cowsher
Beginner

My Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz will have the following errors every once in a while. After that, the computer will freeze for 30s and lose the network at the same time

①5007-TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)
②Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz: Encountered an internal error and declared failure.
③Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz: The system determines that the operating mode of the network adapter is inappropriate.
④Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz: Encountered an internal error and declared failure.

computer: Thinkpad P1 Gen2

What i have tried
a, reinstalled the win10 system
b, updated to the latest AX200 driver

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello cowsher

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Do you also get Bluetooth issues?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
shork
Novice

hi after i keep testing i found the cause of the problem, when i reinstall the system and keep the system not updated, at this time the NIC driver is 21.40.2.2 no problem, once i run windows update to upgrade the NIC driver to version 22 these problems keep appearing, even i use the latest 22.70 driver can't solve the problem. i can only use it now without updating the NIC driver, that is to stabilize it at 21.40.2.2

shork
Novice

①Sorry, cowsher is me, as I had to create a new account because I thought I was having problems with mine before and couldn't view it. since I don't use a bluetooth device, I can't be sure about the bluetooth. but after my testing I can determine that the reason for these errors is on top of the network card driver.
② Yes, this is an almost new computer and when I use the update software provided by lenovo, which also upgrades my NIC drivers to the 22 series, the problem will reappear.
③ I'm currently using win10 pro 64bit
④Yes, only the windows pre-installed NIC driver works, but I can't do any upgrades to it (including windows updates, which would all make the NIC go to version 22 and cause problems)
⑤ I've reinstalled my system several times and it's almost certainly not related to other software

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the updates, does this same thing happen when you try the latest driver from Lenovo? Please try a clean manual installation with their driver to see if the problem persists.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Before closing the thread, check with Lenovo directly because your system may also need a specific custom driver to function properly. Your system is brand new and there is a chance this is also a hardware issue, you can check with them if a replacement is necessary.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos