Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

How Copy the files into the distribution-specific firmware directory, /lib/firmware.

Issuless
Beginner

Hello,

I am new today.

I am wanting to finish installing an Intel driver properly on my desktop w/Mint- Debbie LMDE-4. I can use terminal very basically, if written out. Or may have some software on this MInt Debbie to use for this as well???

So far:

1) I have installed the new Ziyitoud AX200 PCI-E card into an available PCI-E slot with the cables for BT and USB installed. 

2) I have downloaded the correct driver into computer download folder.  (iwlwifi-cc-46.3cfab8da.0.tgz) It has not been extracted or moved anywhere yet. Not sure how to do that?

I need "ABC" simple outlines know how to "Copy the files into the distribution-specific firmware directory, /lib/firmware." and get card functioning for wifi.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention to my needs. I am excited to learn how to do this and have been learning and playing with MInt since 4/2020.

Regards,

Curt

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Issuless,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

Unfortunately, checking the wireless model you provided, the card is not from Intel* and you should contact the manufacturer to get assistance on where to find drivers and steps to install it.

Also, regarding how to copy the files into the distro you're using, we highly recommend going to the Linux* Support Forums, where you will find the help of fellow community members that can guide you through the process.

Since you're not using an Intel* product, I will proceed to close this thread. If you need further support in a different Intel environment, please feel free to open a new thread.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos