Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

How to capture Multi-User OFDMA Frames in Ubuntu 20.10 by NIC ax210?

andersling
Novice

Hi,all! I have installed AX210 on ubuntu 20.10 with kernel 5.10,and it can capture every single-user frame transmission. but when it is in multi-user ofdma situation, ax210 can only capture very few packects such as  RTS/CTS/BA, no Data packets at all!

how can i capture these ofdma data frames in mutli-user frame transmission?

thanks for anyone's help!

10 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello andersling

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We're working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

If you set amsdu_size=3 as suggested in Intel® Linux Support at:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi#about_the_monitorsniffer_mode 

Do you get the same issues?

(Please also check: https://superuser.com/questions/1531866/802-11ax-monitor-mode-captures-very-few-packets )

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
andersling
Novice

Hi, MR,David_G_Intel , Thanks for your reply! 

I had try to set amsdu_size=3 for many times,but the resule were the same!

and I had already read the article https://superuser.com/questions/1531866/802-11ax-monitor-mode-captures-very-few-packets for serveral times carefully.

Do you think is the problem is related to the Mu-MiMO mode ? And something related to the AID ?

waiting for your reply! thanks,sir!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update andersling, we are working on this request and the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Please provide the following information:

• Sniffer with itextshark: Provide the itextshark commands and its output while enabling the monitor mode, and performing the packet sniffing. Provide both passing (i.e. single-user frame transmission) and failing sniffer logs (i.e. multi-user frame transmission)
  • Dmesg: Complete dmesg logs for both passing and failing scenarios.
  • Provide iPerf commands and output of both iPerf client and server. And is the monitor mode/packet sniffer on the 3rd system? i.e. Not on iPerf client or server system.
  • AP channel and channel width set on XiaoMi WIFI6 router or TP-Link WIFI6 Router, and is the security 'WPA2-Personal'?

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
andersling
Novice
Hi, MR.David G.  :
   Thanks for your reply!

But, you had always asked me to provide information again and again, and you never make not a bit progresss. 
   and the Customer Support service is so low effective, this question has sent for almost 2 monts!!! but you sitll asked me to provid more information~  I had 23 years programing expriences, and never see a situation!
    Intel's professional customer support is so disappoint!

I think the  informations i had provided to you were much more enought! 
    I hope i can see some progress by Intell,not just ask me to provid information again and again and again and again.................

Thanks and wish you have a nice day!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update @andersling.

We request these reports and other information to have a better view of the situation and the status of the system. Those reports need to be analyzed to provide troubleshooting steps or a resolution. Please let us know if you want to continue working with Intel to resolve this situation or if you want this thread closed.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @andersling

Please let us know if you want to continue working with us to resolve this request or if we can close this thread. 

Regards,  

David G.   

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread please check with the Linux distro for further recommendations. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos