Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

I have just bought a pci-e wireless dual band for my pc, bluetooth doesnt work

bappi
Beginner

Desktop windows 10 auto installed drivers wifi works ok both 2.4 and 5g show up. Bluetooth 4.2 does not show up even in device manager. Ive installed the latest bluetooth drivers BT_21.80.0_64 still nothing. I installed Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer and this installed the latest wireless drivers. Bluetooth has eloped with elvis

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Support told you correctly. The Bluetooth portion of the solution is a USB device. Without a USB connection to the card, the Bluetooth portion will simply not be seen. You need to purchase a PCIe carrier card that also supports USB. Here is an example of the one I am using (I bought a couple to host AX200 modules so that I can have Wireless-AX support): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MFGYAX6.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
bappi
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What can I say? It isn't being seen. There has to be something wrong with the card, carrier or with the carrier's connection to the motherboard. Try using a different USB header on the motherboard. If this doesn't fix it, have this card and carrier replaced.

...S

0 Kudos
bappi
Beginner

Ok problem sorted, for some reason usb 5/6 works with bluetooth connection. 7/8 was free and therefore i tried this first with apparently no joy. 7/8 works ok with usb connection that was on 5/6 so swapped around and now all is happy again.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Good to hear!

...S

0 Kudos