Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

I want to know how to fix driver installation errors. When it says "The software package cannot be installed", it gives no error code.

KBusD
Beginner

I tried to install Intel's Bluetooth driver, but it just says "The software package cannot be installed" That's it, it gives no reason. And when I reinstall the Bluetooth driver, it just keeps giving this error, and I cant install it. I want to know how to fix it. How can I install the driver and bypass this error!?Annotation 2019-07-15 205057.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What operating system? Windows 10? What version? 1903?

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KBusD,

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather useful information to help you fix this issue.

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application in your computer.
  2. Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KBusD,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
bis
Beginner

Hello,

I followed the steps, now what do I do?

0 Kudos
KBusD
Beginner

Yes I have Windows 10 1903

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KBusD,

We recommend performing a clean installation of the latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers available for your system. If the issue persists, you can try installing a generic version (available at the Download Center)

Please follow these steps: 

Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

Note: Install both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers.

To provide accurate accurate information, we recommend running the Intel® SSU tool to know the model of your system and the Intel® Wireless Adapter model installed on your computer. Also, please let us know the wireless driver version you are trying to install (if possible, please provide a link).

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KBusD,

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KBusD,

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
onim
Beginner

yo i got the same problem i am using the inte dual band ac 3160 wireless controller need help!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@onim,

Your problem is that this adapter is long discontinued and the latest driver packages on the Intel site and available via IDSA will not work with this adapter. I have sent you a download link for the driver package that you need to use via the Communities Private Message (PM) service. For this message, check your PM inbox. Click on your avatar picture in the top right corner of the page (in the blue Communities banner) and then select Messages from the resulting menu.

...S

P.S. You are the 270th WLAN Driver requestor since Jan. 6th.

0 Kudos