Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel 3165 randomly disconnecting from WiFi

ZPick
Beginner

I have a Dell Inspiron 7353 (BIOS 1.20.0) with a Intel 3165 WiFi adapter (Driver version 19.51.14.1). For the past 6 months I've been experiencing random disconnects on a very regular basis (every 5 to 30 minutes). As a student, this is quite an annoyance as everything is done online nowadays. I've done many hours of research on trying to figure out how to fix a problem like this, but no matter what I try, the random disconnects keep happening! I have a great knowledge when it comes to tech so going into the Registry doesn't scare me.

Here is what I've tried:

• Network adapter troubleshooter
  • Network reset in the Windows Settings app
  • Uninstall the driver from Device manager, Control Panel, and Registry
  • Try Dell and Intel drivers
  • Analyze WLAN report
  • Analyze Wireshark

So far, my only fix for the problem is using a USB Ethernet adapter. What I've noticed when the disconnects happen is that the Network icon on the taskbar either shows the yellow triangle or the adapter resetting itself. I've made sure my router is not the issue as all my other devices work fine.

Router: Netgear Nighthawk R7000

Firmware: DD-WRT Kong

802.11 ac: Obviously yes

Speeds: 300 Mbps

At this point, I am reaching out to Intel as calling Dell would be a waste of time. I would prefer to PM any files needed because I don't want to post files with my public IP. Any help would be fantastic! Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Lamberguinni

Thank you for your response.

In this case, software-wise talking, we already covered all type of troubleshooting, including updating drivers from our page and your OEM.

If you suspect that your router is not the root of the issue, our best recommendation is to contact your https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/alienware-area51-r2/drivers computer manufacturer for issue replication or hardware replacement as the last option.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
ZPick
Beginner

Diego,

I will contact them and see what happens. In your opinion, do you think that someone will look at this thread if I were to link it when I post to Dell? If not, how could I summarize what we have done?

Also, in the case that they say its an Intel problem, how would I proceed from there?

Thanks,

Lamberguinni

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lamberguinni,

Thank you for your response.

As shared before, to summarize it, software-wise talking, we already covered all type of troubleshooting, including updating drivers from our page and your OEM.

Your router might be part of the issue as it has there is a firmware update that is pending.

However the best recommendation is to contact your computer manufacturer for issue replication or hardware replacement as the last option.

In your particular case, we already made sure that is not an Intel® problem.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
ZPick
Beginner

Thank you and will do!

I will post back to this thread with any updates from Dell.

-Lamberguinni

0 Kudos